Escaping the Storm

~~~~Saoirse~~~~

I held on to my controls tightly, not caring about the pain that might follow us being attacked. I just focused on protecting my friends, like the armor my Lion formed.

"Team, let's draw those fighters out!" Shiro ordered, Voltron shot forward towards the large swarm of fighters.

We flew towards the wall of the storm, the fighters following our every move.

"I think it's working! They're following us!" Keith said.

I followed the fighters movements through my cameras and screens, seeing the fighters explode upon impact with the storm's deadly winds.

"The plan's working, Shiro. They can't follow us through the storm. It's tearing them apart!" I said. But then, the desires coming from the destroyed fighters proved to be difficult to dodge.

"The debris!" Hunk shouted as Voltron dodged the scrapped metal, "It's gonna tear us apart if we don't do something!"

"Pidge, we're gonna need that shield!" Shiro said.

"On it!" Pidge replied.

"And, Keith, the sword!"

"Yes, sir!" Keith responded.

The shield and sword were called out for the attack and defense, at the same time, I saw the energy levels of the sword and shield. Both at full power.

Voltron stayed inside the storm walls, slicing and blocking the debris that threatened to hit us.

"Legs, I need everything you've got!" Shiro yelled.

"Roger!" Hunk responded, "Engaging lower thrusters!"

"I'm right there with ya!" Lance added. The energy levels for the thrusters spiked and Voltron was shot through the storm walls. I winced and groaned silently with every piece of debris hitting us as we went through, but I bit back the pain and clutched my controls tighter.

The dark sky was becoming clearer as we finally shot out of the storm and back into open space. But as soon as we escaped the storm, we stood before Zarkon's central command ship.

It moved closer to us and I shivered in fear when it began to move. Something about this entire ship just made me feel unparalleled horror. And I had a sneaking suspicion that it was Zarkon.

We turned around and began to fly away from the command ship, when from the corner of our eyes we saw the Castle fly away out of the storm.

"It worked! They escaped!" Hunk said victoriously. All of a sudden, I froze in place as a strange hold crept around Voltron. This energy was dark and controlling, I couldn't handle it and neither could any of my teammates as they yelled in shock and pain from the gripping hold.

"What's going on?" Keith asked surprised by the sudden grip.

"My lion!" Hunk shouted after.

I looked around at my screens and saw Voltron's energy levels were increasing and decreasing at an abnormal rate. Especially the Black Lion.

"Silver, pull up Shiro's vitals." I said to my Lion. Silver obeyed and showed me my brother's vitals signs.

Increased heartrate, uneven breathing and hyperactive brain waves. He was stressed badly.

I heard Shiro groan loudly and his vitals went haywire again.

"Zarkon..." he groaned.

"Zarkon's taking control of the Black Lion again! Fall back!" Keith shouted.