The Legend Begins

~~~~Saoirse~~~~

It had been a couple of days since my younger brother, Lellal, found us and told me about what happened to our family. I had another younger brother and a little sister, and our parents were still alive out there on Teshiria's Dark Moon.

Since then, Lellal had barely left my side, attached to me and never let his smile dim. But right now, he was helping us narrow down Lotor's location.

"He fought us here, his generals were here, and he stole the comet here." Pidge "said as several coordiantes appeared on the holographic map around us.

"So, Lotor coukd be anywhere." Lance stated.

"We'll never be able to find him unless we figure out his plan." Shiro said then turned to Lellal, "Lellal, you've been on his ship, right? Can you think of anything that might give us a hint as to what Lotor's planning?"

Lellal shook his head, "No, sorry. I was stuck in the cargo hold and I can't read Galran. Plus, no one came in the entire time I was there, so I couldn't take in any details."

"That's all right." Shiro said, "But with all of these coordinates we're still missing the big picture."

"How about this question? Why was Voltron made out of the same material as that comet? What's so special about it?" Pidge asked.

"My father discovered another planet like that before I was born." Allura said.

"Your father... and Zarkon." Coran added sadly while saying the Galran Emperor's name.

"This was back when Zarkon was the Black Lion's paladin?" Hunk asked.

"Before that." Coran answered, "Before Alfor built the lions."

"I know this is painful to talk about, but if we're going to stop Lotor, it's time we heard the rest of the story." Shiro said.

Coran took a deep breath and looked up at the stars as his mind wandered to the past, recalling the good peaceful reign, and the darkness that came after.

~~~~Flashback~~~~3rd~~~~

"In the beginning, the paladins were just five leaders, who despite coming from cultures which were vastly divergent and in some cases had been warring for generations... managed to look past these differences in an effort to protect their common interests." What was initially a formal agreement to work alongside each other soon blossomed into a true friendship. A warrior's bond was forged, and together, they worked to rid their system of those who would do it harm."

The sounds of gun fire rang through the air as the yellow sky covered the land in dim light. Suddenly, you could see several bandits holding laser guns and firing st their enemy before running into a handmade cave. Their enemy chased after them to the cave before the door closed, locking him outside.

The bandits waited inside facing the door, watching for the door to open so that they may attack and finish off their enemy. But the atrack they anticipated did not come from the fromt door.

Small rocks fell of the ceiling, landing on of the bandits' metal head. He looked up to see what caused the rocks to fall, but all he saw was a foot slamming itself into his face before everything went dark.

The man who landed om the bandit stood up straight, holding his broad sword with strength and precision as he smiled victoriously at his small defeat. But then, his smile faded when he realized just how outnumbered he was.

"Oh, dear." He said looking around at the massive number of bandits surrounding him.

The bandits came head on, trying to hit the man with their daggers, but the man was skilled with his sword, blocking any and all attacks that were thrown at him.