First Battle

~~~Saoirse~~~

We rushed to our Lions, wanting to get to Pidge and Shiro as quickly as possible. Allura and Coran worked on the ground, helping the Arusians get to a safe place in the village.

I sat in my seat, grabbed the handles and sped off into the air.

"Anyone have Shiro and Pidge's location?" I asked as we flew.

"I've got them locked. Follow me." Keith said.

We followed the Red Lion out towards the barren mountains near the village. It didn't take long for us to see what Shiro needed us for.

It was a large monster composed entirely out of metal, painted purple signifying that it was from the Galra. Its build was large and powerful with a strange arm that held a large purple sparking orb at the top.

The monster threw the Black Lion over past the already downed Green Lion. We immediately began shooting as soon as we got close enough for a clear shot.

"Lay down some covering fire so they can get out of there!" Keith shouted, us following his words.

"I'm on it." Lance said firing with the Blue Lion's tail.

I fired my attacks from the Silver Lion's mouth with great accuracy. Suddenly, strange readings appeared on my screen, but with the fight happening in front of me, I didn't have time to read them.

"Check this out! Battle-lion head-butt!" Hunk shouted, running on the ground and head-butting the monster from the back. The monster stumbled forward and fell to its hands and knees.

"You guys okay down there?" Keith asked.

"Still alive for now." Shiro answered, making me sigh in relief. The Black and Green Lions flew up next to us and hovered with the group as we stared at the monster in front of us.

It stood back up and looked up at us with its terrifying gaze. I almost felt afraid to fight it, but something inside me told me that I had to destroy it.

"Are the Galra behind this?" Hunk asked.

"I think so, but I've never seen anything like it." Shiro answered.

"So, what's the plan? Shoot at it with everything we've got? Take out its weapon? Call it names?" Lance asked not knowing what to do.

"If we want to take this monster down, there's only one way to do it."

Our Lions roared, knowing what we had to do.

"Form Voltron!"

Our looks flew into the air and changed their shape. I stood up at my seat began to descend into the floor and the handles in my hands detached. The bright ribbons of lights wrapping around my limbs and connecting me to Voltron.

I watched as the light surrounding us faded and the screen in front of me showed that my cockpit was positioned in the chest of Voltron, the most vulnerable point Voltron had. After all, it was the position of the heart. Destroy the heart, you destroy your enemy.

I looked around my cockpit and saw a diagram of Voltron's most vulnerable points, mostly on the arms, legs, head and chest. Each point covered by my Lion.

Voltron stood tall in front of the monster, ready to battle to the end.

"Remember, we are one unit, fighting with one goal." Shiro reminded us.

The monster held up it's right hand, the strange clawed spires spinning rapidly and powering the orb in the center. We ran forward, flying through the air and dodging the orb when the monster threw it at us.