The Way Forward

~~~~Saoirse~~~~

I groaned as my vision returned to normal and the faces of my friends became clear, finally waking up after who knows how long. I felt warm, but I was somehow comfortable.

"Saoirse, are you okay?" Keith asked. I looked around slightly confused by where I was, when all the previous events came flooding back into my mind.

I nodded and sat back up, seeing that I was actually sleeping on Keith's lap. I smiled, almost forgetting how comfortable his lap was for a taking a nap. As I sat up, I noticed that my wrists were cuffed, and to my annoyance, my long hair was down.

I looked around to see where we were, and from the dark atmosphere I could tell we were in a Galra cruiser prison hold. I knew I shouldn't have done it, but I used my powers to sense the energies of our lions.

After a few minutes, I felt them inside the cruiser nearby.

"The Lions are here in the cruiser. But they're weak." I said.

"Wait, Saoirse, you didn't just use your powers did you?" Pidge asked worried, "You're still recovering."

I sighed as everyone looked at me with worry.

"I'm fine. Since the Lions aren't too far away, I didn't have to stretch my powers too thin. I'll be alright so you don't have to worry." I tried to reassure, but it didn't seem to work very well.

We sat in silence for a while, but nothing really happened, the only amusing thing thay happened was when Lance began sliding along the walls.

"What are you doing?" Hunk asked.

"I'm feeling for a secret passage." He answered.

"You've watched too many movies, Lance. There's no secret passage." Keith said.

"Oh, really? Then how do you explain this?"
Lance kicked the wall near the door, which resulted in an audible crack and him wimpering in pain.

"I meant, uh, this!" He kicked the opposite wall and ended up with the same results as before.

"Will someone shut him up?" Krolia asked from the front of the room, looking through the slot in the door.

"There's only one guard patrolling out there." She said, "If we can get this door open, we can overpower him."

Hunk looked around and noticed one person missing from our group.

"What happened to Coran?" He asked.

The rest of us looked around as well, seeing no sign of Coran being in the room with us.

"He must have managed to hide when we were captured." Krolia said.

"At least we have one ally out there still able to fight for us." Allura said with hope and relief.

"Are you saying our fate rests in Coran's hands?" Pidge asked.

Everyone went silent and slumped down with expressions that said 'we're doomed.'

"I will help you look for that passage." Pidge said to Lance.

I sighed and leaned back against the wall, but then, I felt a hand on mine. I opened my eyes again and saw Keith smiling at me.

"Get some more sleep." He said softly so the others couldn't hear him. I smiled back and leaned against his shoulder, relaxing as I fell back to sleep.

~~~~

There was nothing but white. A few unfamiliar faces. I felt warm tears run down my cheeks as I turned to my friends.