Rebels

~~~Saoirse~~~

We stood around the camp fire as Rolo told us more about what had happened during this war.

"My planet was destroyed by the Galra and I was taken captive." He started, "I managed to escape, but not before I lost something." Rolo down his boot and rolled up his left pant leg, showing us his prosthetic leg.

"I know exactly how that feels." Shiro said clenching his mechanical arm. I glanced over at my brother and saw his trouble expression. I knew that he hated his right arm, a symbol of how terrible the Galra are. But we couldn't do anything about it.

"Well, I hope there are some parts in here that'll fit." Hunk said as he pulled out a large crate filled with parts for the broken ship. He looked over at us when he heard no response.

"You know, to get your ship moving?"

"Great! Thanks." Rolo said to the annoyed Hunk.

"So, what can you tell us about Zarkon's forces?" Allura asked, "Where are they concentrated?"

"Well, his command ship sits right in the center of the Empire. He mostly calls the shots there and sends his minions to do the work, depending on who's closest. This is the territory of a real nasty bugger named Sendak."

We all glared at just the thought of our prisoner's name.

"Oh, we've met." Keith growled.

"How far are we from the center?" Shiro asked.

"We're way out on the fringes."

"Hey, sorry to interrupt, but I think you guys are kind of keeping Rolo from working." Hunk interrupted, "It's just that we're kind in a hurry. A hero named Shay saved my life, and I swore I would return to do the same for her and her people. You understand."

"Sure. Sorry." Rolo said. He got up and patted Hunk on the shoulder before he walked away to the crate of parts.

I watched Rolo carefully. My scar was starting to hurt and when that happens something bad will follow.

"Rolo, let me help you with those parts." I said, running to his side and going through the crate acting friendly as to not cause suspicion that I'm watching his every move.

"Thanks a lot, uh...." he said.

"Saoirse." I replied going through the crate of parts.

We rummaged through the crate and pulled out a few parts that Rolo said he needed. The whole time, he kept taking glances at me. He thought I didn't notice his quick glances, but I did and it was starting to get uncomfortable.

"Hey, bud!" Rolo said turning around towards Hunk, "Sorry, but do you think you can hunt down a length of thermal pipe about yay long?"

"On the way." Hunk groaned going back to the Castle to find what Rolo needed. Shiro smiled and walked over to us.

"So, are there more freedom fighters? Any kind of organized resistance to the Galra?" He asked Rolo.

"Only folks who haven't been colonized yet, or the few, like us, who managed to escape somehow." Rolo answered.

"Well, we're gonna change all that." Keith declared.

"That's good to hear, but I've got to warn you, it's pretty bad out there. You don't know what you're up against." Tolo turned back around and went through the crate once more.

I stopped helping him and went to stand by my brother.

"Shiro, can I talk to you for a second?" I asked. He looked at me confused by my sudden request, but nodded and followed me a good distance away from the others.