Fall of the Castle of Lions

~~~Shiro~~~

Allura decided to hold a large party that same evening after we defeated the Galra monster. I didn't think that hosting a party was such a good idea, especially after what we had been through. However, I suppose a party would help us unwind a little. Especially Saoirse.

I looked around the room from the entrance, watching the Arusians mingle with the others.

"The monster fell from the sky!" The Arusian King said as he and several of his people recreated the battle in their own way, "It was an epic battle, but, Voltron was victorious!"

The Arusians playing us fell to the ground on the stairs.

"No. I said "Voltron was victorious!" The kind repeated, the performers quickly shifting to make Voltron victorious.

The Arusians cheered and Allura walked up to the king.

"Thank you, Your Majesty, for that wonderful production." She said then turned to face the room, "It saddens me that we must leave tomorrow, but we must continue our battle with Zarkon and spread peace throughout the universe."

Allura turned back towards the Arusian King and handed him a small communicator.

"Your Highness, please accept this gift. This will allow you to contact us anytime you need help. Arus will be the first planet in the Voltron Alliance." She said. The king gave a big cheer followed by the other Arusians cheering after him.

I smiled at Allura's festive speech, she really knows what she's doing. Meanwhile, most of us don't have a single clue how to fight in a war, much less win it.

I looked back out at the crowd and spotted Saoirse talking with Lance, Keith and Hunk, all smiling while Lance was coming up with a team cheer.

I'm glad to see my sister smile. She needs that joy.

~~~Saoirse~~~

I laughed as Lance tried to make a team cheer. It didn't work out since Keith and Hunk couldn't understand it.

"We'll work on it." Lance said, taking a sip from his cup before finding it utterly disgusting. But he swallowed it anyway.

"Coran, what is this?" He asked the orange haired Altean standing close by.

"Oh, this is Nunvill, the nectar of the gods." Coran answered, happily taking a sip from his own cup.

"It tastes like hot dog water and feet."

"Yeah, makes a wonderful hair tonic as well." Coran dipped his fingers in the cup and splashed some of the drink onto his mustache, making it fluff up and shine.

Lance retched as Coran walked away to talk with Shiro, who was standing guard by the main entrance.

Keith and Hunk circled around Lance, I just stood there waiting for Lance to finally snap out of it. I sighed when Keith poked his shoulder and Lance fell to the ground.

I decided to go around to walk and mingle. Many of the Arusians still huddled around me and called Angel. I still didn't understand why they called me that, but, to each species their own. I had no right to deny them the name they gave to me.

I walked around saying my hellos to the Arusians, when I bumped into someone.

"Excuse me." I said politely.

"It's fine, Saoirse." I heard Pidge say. I looked down to see Pidge and her new drone friend she reprogrammed back in a Galra ship. His name was Rover as she called him, and he never left her side often.

Just as I was about to go about on my way, I noticed that Pidge held a back over her shoulder.

"What's with the bag, Pidge?" I asked curious about why she needed it. Pidge was stiff for a moment not answering my question, before she sighed and looked straight into my eyes.