Ark of Taujeer pt. 2

~~~~Saoirse~~~~

I flew around Taujeer in my Lion staring down at the damaged ship the Taujeerians were using to escape their cracking planet.

"Assuming we can get it back up, the repairs will still take time." Pidge explained.

"Which would appear to be the one thing we don't have." Lance pointed out as the planet shook again.

"We need to slow down the shedding." Shiro proposed.

"How do you stop a planet that's coming apart at the seams?" Pidge's comment struck an idea in my mind.

"Hold on a minute, seams! That's it! We'll sew the planet back together." I said.

"What do you mean, Saoirse?" Shiro asked.

"I get it!" Hunk said, "The Green Lion has that new power that causes vegetation to grow, right? Well, if you aim it at the cracks in the planet... the vines would act as stitches."

"But won't the stitches get dissolved by the acid?"

"The stitches might hold longer if they're frozen." Pidge said.

"It's a plan. Hunk, you, Saoirse and I will take our lions and get this ark upright while Pidge and Lance buy us some time."

We all split up and got to work. Shiro, Hunk and I used our lions to push away the broken pieces of the ark to make it easier to fix. Meanwhile, Lance and Pidge made the reinforced stitches along the largest cracks.

"My side's clear, Shiro." Hunk said.

"Same with me." I said.

"Almost done." Shiro responded.

I pulled up the energy readings for the other Lions when another energy reading popped up on my screen. It was a scan of Taujeer, and from the looks of my scan, the planet was near its critical breaking point.

"It worked!" Pidge said after the last crack was stitched and frozen.

"It won't hold forever. Keep going!" Shiro ordered.

Shiro and Hunk flew down to the ark and began pushing it upright.

"Come on! Give it all you got." Shiro said to Hunk as he struggled to push the ark up. There was a sudden splash of acid about to hit the Black Lion, but Pidge and Lance quickly sealed up the crack.

Once the ark was upright again, we pushed the broken pieces underneath it to keep it in place.

"All right, Hunk, time to work on those engines." Shiro said.

I got out of my Lion as well, wanting to help in any way I could.

~~~~Allura~~~~

Keith and I sat on silence for hours, just watching and waiting for Zarkon if he ever did show up.

"So, what happens if Zarkon does come after us?" Keith asked, breaking the silence.

"You said you could pilot us to safety, right?" I asked.

"Sure, but after that, could we even go back to the group? And if we don't, who would pilot the Castle or create wormholes?"

"Well, what about you?" I asked, "Without you, the team cannot form Voltron."

He looked down, thinking deeply about what I had said. I sighed and turned away from him.

Both of us were worried about the team, and Keith more than the team, but for Saoirse. I could tell that they were very close and after what Keith explained about protecting her, I knew that being away was tearing him apart bit by bit.