Clear Day

~~~~Saoirse~~~~

I sat in my room, staring at the picture projected from my pendant. I couldn't stop thinking about my family back on Earth.

I could tell that the day would be coming soon, and I wouldn't be able to see them for a long time. I sighed as the picture and song disappeared, but after the song had vanished, a new picture appeared.

The picture of me and Keith on our first date. I had taken the picture and transferred a copy to my pendant. I wanted him to be close, and that picture was one of the first pictures we had of together.

Suddenly, I was broken from my thoughts when I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in." I said, clutching my stone in my hands.

The door opened and Allura stood in the doorway.

"Allura, is there something wrong?" I asked.

"Tavo has agreed to speak with me, but only if you are in the room with me." Allura said.

"But why? Why would he want to speak to me as well?" I asked.

"He simply said that he wanted an angel there to help if something were to go wrong. He's afraid Honerva could do something to him." She explained.

I nodded, stood up and while I walked with Allura to the interrogation room, I secured my necklace around my neck.

"I haven't seen you wear that stone in some time, Saoirse." Allura pointed out.

I smiled and clutched my pendant, "Yeah, it has been a while sincerely I've worn it. I just had a feeling I should wear it today."

It was true. The day was coming, and I wanted to be as close to my family as I could, even here in deep space. Maybe on our journey, we could stop by Teshiria. I would love to see how the clans are doing.

Allura and I walked down the halls to the interrogation room, where Tavo was waiting to speak with us. But as we approached the door, I felt a strange energy coming from behind it.

I revealed my true form, excluding my wings, surprising Allura with my sudden transformation.

"Why bother revealing your true form, Saoirse?" She asked me.

"I have a feeling that something is going to go wrong in that room. I want to be prepared, so I can't waste energy keeping up my human disguise." I answered. Allura nodded and we faced the door ready to go inside.

We opened the door and sat down in front of Tavo, who was waiting eagerly and nervously to speak with us.

I smiled gratefully at Tavo, who smiled back at me, albeit with a little hesitation.

"Tavo, I want to thank you for speaking with us." Allura said.

"Forgive me, Princess Allura, Lady Saoirse, but we don't have much time." Tavo said terrified.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Please. Once Honerva discovers I'm speaking with you, it will be over."

"Slow down. What are you trying to--?" Allura tried to asked but was interrupted when Tavo looked up from his shaking, sweaty hands in fear.

"Listen to me. Now that she has Lotor, she will use him to destroy everything--"

All of a sudden, Tavo stopped speaking, grabbing his head and stumbling backwards.

All of a sudden, I felt my heart jump, and not in a good way. It felt painful and filled me with a sense of fear and cold darkness. I shook off the feeling and rushed over to Tavo, who was still crying out in pain.