Uncharted Regions

~~~~Saoirse~~~~

I was sleeping, I could recognize that much. I never see the Light of Teshiria when I'm awake. I was sitting in a field of Lavois flowers and the crystal was sitting in my hands.

"The time is coming soon, Saoirse. Are you sure you want to go through with this? You know of the other way." It said.

I shook my head, "I won't sacrifice Allura like that. I'd rather it be me than her. It's the duty of an Angel to protect the universe, even if it means their lives."

"You truly are a selfless child, Saoirse. The universe could not have asked for a more noble and incredible light in its darkness. I promise to aid you in any way I am able." The Light said.

I smiled and placed the crystal against my chest, allowing the Light of Teshiria to become one with me again. I sat there in the field of flowers staring at my hands and my blue, white and silver locks of hair.

I had been thinking of cutting it when I woke up, but Keith once said something about my hair when we were kids.

"I like your hair long. It's really pretty." He said all those years ago. We were about eight when he said that, and I had gotten my first haircut. Unfortunately, the hairdresser cut my hair too short and it went to my shoulders. It took years to grow it out again.

When I got to the house from the salon, Keith looked at me with wide eyes and said those words. Since then, I had only gotten trims, never a drastic cut.

Now that my hair was extremely long like this, it was a little harder to maintain, so it was time for a cut. Not a big one, just to make the length to my waist.

But as I looked at the color of my hair, I noticed that my normal black color was disappearing. Just like in reality, my hair color was changing to my Teshirian colors. That was a sign that the time was coming. When my life would end, and a new, better future would begin.

I stood up and breathed in the sweet air surrounding me. I would have to wake up soon, but not quite yet. I still had to run through my thoughts. I needed to figure out what I wanted to say to everyone for the last time for a long while.

~~~~Keith~~~~

Coran, Lance and I sat in the medical bay of the Atlas, staring at the two women sleeping peacefully in their beds.

I held Saoirse's hand as she breathed in deeply and Lance and Coran were sitting next to Allura.

"What happened to them?" I heard Coran ask, my back facing towards them. I was only focused on Saoirse.

"Honerva was able to use the entity against Allura and Saoirse." I explained.

"I told Allura that infiltrating Honerva's mind was too dangerous. I told you all!" Coran shouted.

"She's going to pull through. Both of them are." Lance reassured.

"How do you know?" Coran asked worried about his princess.

I gently rubbed my thumb across Saoirse's knuckles, noticing something from the corner of my eye. A little bit of her black hair turned to her Teshirian colors. I've noticed that her hair, for a while had been changing colors. And now, it was happening more often. I wonder why?

Suddenly, the PA beeped.

"Paladins, to the bridge." Shiro's voice announced through the speakers.

We knew that we had to leave, but we were all worried about Saoirse and Allura. Eventually, we gave one last look at the sleeping girls before heading to the bridge.