The Aftermath

~~~~Saoirse~~~~

Everything was quiet, all I felt was something warm covering me.

"Saoirse..." I heard a soft voice call out my name. I wanted to stay in this comfortable darkness, but this voice was familiar.

"Come on, Saoirse, please wake up." The voice said, "We're all worried about you."

I felt something grab my hand, something gentle. It rubbed against my hand and I felt my eyes begin to flutter.

Slowly, my eyes began to open, a soft light breaking through my vision. Even though the light was soft, it was still intense for my unused eyes. I quickly closed them again and then opened them up again, slower this time.

As I opened my eyes, everything came in slow and blurred. I was staring at a pale beige colored ceiling, lit by a soft orange colored light from somewhere nearby.

"Saoirse?" The soft voice called for me. I turned my head to my left, seeing a blurred figure sitting next to me. Slowly, the face of the stranger became clearer, and I could recognize it as my mother.

She was smiling at me, tears beginning to well up in her eyes as she looked down at me.

"Saoirse, are you awake?" She asked.

"Mama, is she awake?" Another smaller voice asked, coming closer to my mother. I looked dowm as much as I could. My mother, seeing my struggle to look down, picked up whoever was asking her the question.

When Mom picked up whoever was talking, I quickly recognized the white hair, pink Altean marks and those beautiful blue eyes. My little sister, Nalira.

She looked at me and smiled, "Siri! You're awake!" She said happily. I was curious about the nickname, but I didn't question it. I was just happy to see my mother and sister by my side.

"Hi, mom, Nalira." I said smiling, my voice soft and my throat dry. I coughed, my throat dry from not being used. Mom set Nalira down on the floor and slid her hand underneath my back, helping me sit up.

After I was situated in a seated position, I took the chance to look around to see where I was. I recognized the pale walls, the soft orange color pallette all around the room. I was in the Galaxy Garrison hospital wing.

Mom came back a minute later with a pitcher of water and a single glass.

"Here, Saoirse. Your throat must be dryer than a bone." She said, pouring the water into the glass and handing it to me. I took the cup of water and slowly brought it to my lips. It felt so nice to feel the cold water rush down my throat. I drank the entire glass within a few seconds.

I drank two more glasses before I was satisfied. Mom took the now empty glass and set it on the bedside table next to the water pitcher.

I let out a deep breath and smiled at her and my little sister.

"How long have I been out?" I asked.

"About two weeks, dear." Mom answered, "You used a lot of energy to not only transform the Silver Lion, but to help save Earth from that enemy mech. Your body needed time to re-energize and rest."

I nodded, understanding everything my mom told me. When I first started training with my powers, I always felt drained. It had gotten better over time, but since I used too much energy, I guess I really needed more time to rest.

Suddenly, memories of the battle flooded into my head. And the others flooded my mind with worry.

"Where is everyone else? Are the other paladins okay?" I asked fanatically.