The Rise of Voltron

We went back to the bridge to go over our plan for battle.

"You'll need to retrieved the Red Lion from Sendak's ship." Allura said, all of us looking at the guide of the Sendak's ship on the screen.

"That's a pretty big ship." Keith said, "How are we gonna know where the Red Lion is?"

"Well, it's not a matter of "we." It's a matter of you."" Pidge explained.

"Pidge is right." Hunk said, "Once we get you in, you'll be able to feel its presence and track it down."

"Yeah. You know how you felt that crazy energy while we were on the desert?" Lance asked.

"Yeah. You made fun of me for that." Keith retorted.

"And I'm proud of that, but turns out it's exactly like that mumbo-jumbo."

"Keith, remember, the Red Lion is extremely temperamental." Allura reminded, "You'll have to earn its respect."

Keith looked down unsure about the Red Lion choosing him. Shiro and I put our hands on his shoulders for reassurance.

"All right. Here's our plan of attack." Shiro explained the full attack.

Hunk and Lance took the Blue and Yellow Lions, creating a distraction while the rest of us went in the Green Lion from behind.

The Green Lion latched onto the bottom of the ship. We quickly got out and Pidge cut a hole into the ship. One by one all of us went inside the ship.

"Pidge, what's your ETA?" Lance asked, speaking through the comms installed into our helmets.

"We're in." Pidge answered. We looked around and saw several pillars emitting some kind of purple electrical lighting.

We snuck down the halls, being careful as to not get caught by any of the Galra on board. Suddenly, Shiro groaned and panted when he looked down the halls.

"Shiro, what's the matter?" I asked.

"I've been here before." He said, "After I was taken by the Galra cruiser off Kerberos, they brought us here."

"So, that means your other crewmembers, they might still be held captive here." Pidge said, a little bit of hope in his voice, "We... We've got to rescue them."

"Pidge, we don't have time." Shiro said regretfully, "We have to get the Red Lion and get back to Arus."

"But we can't just leave prisoners here!" Pidge shouted.

"Look, no one understands that more than me, but, in war, we have to make hard choices. Now, let's get moving."

We turned around and began to walk away when Pidge yelled behind us.

"No!" We turned back around and faced the Green Paladin.

"Commander Holt is my father. He and my brother were the ones in the Kerberos Mission with you."

"Commander Holt is your father?" Shiro repeated in disbelief.

"Yes. I've been searching everywhere for him and my brother. And I'm not going to give up looking when I'm this close. I won't!"

Pidge turned around to go off on his own, but Shiro stopped him.

"I'm coming with you." Shiro stated.

"What?" Keith asked.

"I remember where the prisoners are held. Keith, you and Saoirse go find the Red Lion."

"By ourselves?"

"Minor change of plans. You'll be fine. Just remember, patience yields focus. So--"