Tears of Balmera

~~~Pidge~~~

I snuck around the Castle after I saw Shiro, Lance and Saoirse be taken by the Galra. I had to act fast.

"Keith. Keith can you hear me?" I whispered through the radios in my helmet.

"Pidge, is that you? Where are you?" Keith responded.

"I'm inside the Castle. Sendak has taken over and he's preparing for launch. He's got Lance, Shiro and Saoirse."

"Pidge, listen." Allura said, "If they've started the launch sequence, then we don't have much time before liftoff to stop it."

"What do I have to do?" I asked.

"You have to get down to the main engine control panel and disconnect the primary turbine from the central energy chamber."

I tapped my left wrist and activated a holo-map of the Castle.

"If you can do that, Sendak will have to reset the whole system. That might give us enough time to find a way to stop them."

I figured out the fastest and safest way to get to the primary turbine, then ran off down the projected path.

I quickly made it to the elevator door, forcing it open with my bayard blade. The elevator was on a different level, and I could clearly see no bottom.

"Here, Rover." I called to my drone. He squeaked and flew through the door, then turned back towards me.

"Okay, Rover, here we go." I said quietly. I jumped across the tunnel and used my jetpack to hop down one level after another until got to the turbine level. Once again I forced my way through the elevator door and saw a bright light at the end of the tunnel.

I ran down the path towards the turbine.

"Okay, Allura, I'm near the turbine. I think it's started." I said.

"Then you'll have to hurry." Allura said, "Cross the catwalk to the main column in the center."

I did as she said and ran down the catwalk path towards the column in front of the turbine.

"Okay."

"Now, open the hatch."

I knelt down and opened the front hatch, revealing the wiring inside the panel.

"Find the central computer control hub and enter the following sequence..."

"Wait, wait, wait, wait!" I shouted seeing the unfamiliar Altean writing, "Which one is it? All the labels are in Altean!"

All of a sudden, the turbine activated roaring loudly in my ears and shining brightly.

"I can't tell which one it is! Allura? Allura?" I waited for an answer but nothing came. I stood up, watching the turbine activate. I didn't have any other choice.

I actuvated my bayard and looked back into the panel.

"Whatever." I said before shoving my bayard into the panel wiring. A sudden shock made me scream and threw me across the catwalk.

I groaned as I sat back up, looking up at the dying turbine. Rover beeped as I chuckled, surprised that it had actually worked.

~~~Sendak~~~

"The main engine just shorted out!" Haxus informed me. My victorious grin melted into an angry frown as I stomped up to Haxus.

The computer beeped and showed us video feed from the main turbine. It was damaged in a way. The screen zoomed in on the entrance to the engine room and revealed our saboteur. A Green Paladin.