Killer Cube

~~~~Keith~~~~

We went back to the forest city, where Shiro let us in on the plan to rescue the Olkari King, Lubos.

"First, we'll need to get to the top of that tower." Shiro started off, "Since the Green Lion has stealth capabilities, Pidge, you're the drop ship. You'll take Keith, Hunk, Lance, Saoirse, and me to the roof, then drop back to a safe position. After the drop, we'll use a sensor to scan the building for any Olkari biorhythms."

After listening to the plan, we grabbed a sensor and boarded the Green Lion to start the plan.

The Green Lion flew into the sky and towards the tall tower, cloaking itself before we reached it. The Lion hovered over the top of the tower and opened a hatch, letting us jump out and fall through the opening in the roof.

We fell down for a minute or two before activating our jetpacks and slowing our descent. We landed on the ground next to a small tree. Shiro planted the sensor and it sent out a pulse scanning for biorhythms.

Pidge got the information and sent it to our helmets, showing us who was inside the building.

We ran down one of the halls and snuck around the patrolling guards. Once they were gone, we turned the corner and saw a door.

"What's that sound?" Saoirse whispered. We leaned closer to the door and heard moaning and sobbing from the other side.

Shiro looked at all of us and nodded, a silent signal to go in carefully. The door opened and we went in a silently as we could, but we saw, was not what any of us expected.

King Lubos was not in danger. He was sitting in a comfortable chair with good food and a drink by his side, an Olkari man standing to his left chained and dressed in rags.

The Olkari king sobbed as he watched some kind of drama movie. I felt my rage boil over, I wanted to run in and yell at him for being like this while his people were suffering.

But a hand on my shoulder stopped me. I could tell it was Saoirse holding me back. I didn't even have to look back to her her face twisted in anger like mine was.

Betrayal!" Lubos sobbed, "She loves you!"

As he blew his nose into a rag, we came out of hiding and walked up behind him, confused, but still on guard.

"King Lubos?" Shiro asked, grabbing the sobbing King's attention.

The King was surprised to hear someone behind him. He turned around and wiped his tear filled eyes.

"Yes? Who are you? The jesters I requested?" The King asked.

"Umm, we're here to, like, rescue you?" Lance said, unsure about the situation we were in.

The king glared at us and slid his finger on the chair's armrest, pressing a button. The alarm blared loudly in our ears, the lights came on and the wall farthest from us disappeared. Galra soldiers rushed into the room and lined up, blasters at the ready, with their commander smirking as if he had already beaten us.

"You could've just said, no thanks." Hunk said to the King.

"Looks like someone came to rescue you, Lubos." he said.

We all faced Lubos, shocked and angry, but it was Saoirse who blew up first.

"You betrayed your own people to save your own skin! How can you care about your people so little?!" She shouted in pure fury, I held her arm to keep her from attacking the King. If there was one thing she hated more than anything, it's those who betray others.

"I do care for my people!" Lubos retorted, "I'm doing this for my people. They wanted to fight the Galra, but they are too powerful! The Galra could destroy us!"