Prisoner's Dilemma

~~~~Saoirse~~~~

I sat on the bed in my room on the Atlas. I stayed behind while the others went to take over a Galra base nearby. It wasn't like I didn't want to go and fight alongside my fellow Paladins, but ever since we launched into space, the stars are more clear with their words to me.

They told me so many things that worried me, and from their fear, I felt their pain. They were terrified as they watched the universe fall to the disorganized Galra rule. For some reason, the more I communicated with them, the more energy I lost in the process. It drained me, as well as the recurring dream I've had.

It was all a message, telling me that the time was closing in. I was scared, but I knew that when the time came, I would have to do what needed to be done.

Suddenly, there was a knock at my door, snapping me out of my trance.

"Come in." I called out. The door opened, revealing Keith in full Paladin armor. They must've finished the battle.

He walked into my room and smiled.

"Saoirse." Keith said, "Shiro wants us on the base deck." I nodded and got off the bed to follow Keith. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders as we walked, frowning when he saw my tired eyes.

"You haven't been sleeping well again." He said, "Are you sure you're all right?"

I nodded and smiled at him to take away his worries.

"I'm fine, just the stars keeping me up. They have a lot to say, ya know." I joked. Keith chuckled a little and kissed my hair.

"Just make sure to get some rest after this is over." He said. I sighed and nodded as we went down the halls and exited the Atlas.

We caught up with Shiro and the others and walked into the Galra base, Garrison members walking with us to provide any kind of extra protection. We went to the doors leading the bridge of the base.

Once the doors opened, I felt a familiar energy come from inside. I just couldn't tell why it was so familiar.

"This one says he's the leader." Griffin said, gesturing to the Galra commander behind him and Kinkade.

The Galran man turned around and I immediately recognized him. Hunk stepped forward and laughed at the sudden recognition of an old enemy that we helped in the past.

"Oh! Hey! Holy Kaltenecker! What are you doing here?" He asked, "It's me, Hunk. Remember? Paladin of the Yellow Lion? We worked together."

"I remember." The Galra said blandly, but his eyes went to me for a quick moment and for that same moment.

"And I see you've the Angel as well." He muttered under his breath, speaking almost in.... disgust? Anger? Irritation? I couldn't tell.

"Wait, you know this guy?" Keith asked as we all stepped up next to Hunk.

"Yeah, from the Omega Shield. Oh, that's right, you were on a space road trip with your mom. Keith, this is our friend, Lieutenant Lahn." Hunk explained and introduced.

"It's Warlord Lahn now, and you and I are not friends." Lahn stated angrily.

Hunk looked down in disappointment.

"Oh. Okay, uh... I guess I just thought we bonded by working together as a team to fix the Omega Shield and save your planet, you know? A Galra-occupied planet, no less. We saved it. It's cool. No big deal." Hunk said.

I looked from Hunk and up to Lahn, walking closer to him and staring straight into his eyes.

"What's with the sudden anger towards us?" I asked, "If I remember correctly, we saved your shield years ago. The least you could to is get rid of that attitude."