Space Mall

~~~~Keith~~~~

We all stood on the Bridge the next morning, wide awake and ready to come up with a plan. I glanced over at Saoirse, noticing that she had a brighter smile on her face. Something good must've happened last night. Maybe a good dream?

"Okay, look." Shiro started, snapping my attention back towards him, "I now know for certain that Zarkon is tracking us through the Black Lion. We have to find some way to stop him."

"How are we gonna do that?" Pidge asked.

"We've never had this situation before." Allura said perplexed, "Two paladins fighting for the same lion."

"Well, unless we want Zarkon taking control of Voltron every time we get close... I'll have to forge a new bond with my lion. One that's stronger than his." Shiro answered.

"Well, while you're working on that... the rest of us need to find some new teludav lenses... otherwise we won't be able to travel via wormhole." Coran said.

"Is that something we have to mail order?" Hunk wondered aloud.

"Does anyone even make those anymore?" Keith asked.

"I don't know." Allura sighed, "Only a few Alteans could use the teludav 10,000 years ago. They may not exist anymore."

Coran thought for a minute, his hand under his chin in a thinking position.

"I think I may know where we can get some." He said suddenly.

He walked over to the control panel and opened a file full of pictures on screen. On the left were pictures of shady characters with multiple arms behind the counter. King Alfor, younger obviously, was standing the background looking at Coran with a curious expression. To the right of the screen was a picture of Coran smiling in a shop with a large bag on his back filled with who knows what he bought.

"Coran!" Allura shouted in a disgusted tone, "You're not suggesting going to one of those filthy swap moons! The last time you went, those space pirates took you for everything you had."

"Space pirates?" Lance repeated.

"Unilu were traders and pirates that roamed the galaxies and dealt in black market goods." Coran explained, "Umvy spice, by-tor water, little bottles of infinity vapor. Of course, you had to bargain. No one could bargain like the Unilu. Last time I ended up giving away three quarters of my shipment of lango... in exchange for a used pogo oscillator."

Allura and Coran burst into laughter.

"Father was not pleased about that." Allura said smiling brightly.

"Well, while Coran is shopping for his lenses... I'll take you shopping for something sparkly." Lance said as he slid to Allura's side, trying to be sly.

"This isn't shopping!" Coran shouted, splitting the two apart, "You're not wandering around saying... "Oh, what a lovely pink hat! This is so becoming." No! I can't allow Allura to get anywhere near those... filthy, lowballing Unilu hoodlums."

"But I'd love something sparkly." Allura said, pleading with large begging eyes.

Coran sighed, "Look, you're the only one who can operate the Castle. You need to be resting, after all you've been through."

Allura slumped her shoulders in disappointment.

"Now, let's ready a pod for our mission." Coran said, "We need to get in... find the scaultrite lenses, and just get out."

"Shotgun!" Lance called as he ran after Coran.

"What? No, you have to be in the pod bay to call shotgun." Hunk said as he ran after the two.