Time to Fight

~~~~Saoirse~~~~

I felt tired, but I didn't let my exhaustion get the best of me. I stood straight and watched the door with Keith for any more intruders.

Keith ran to the control panels near the door and began cutting them off, locking us inside, but at least it would keep the Galra outside.

"Things are getting hairy. Keith, Saoirse, how're you doing?" We heard Lance ask with fighting noises and explosions in the background.

"The Galra switched the codes. We're trying to find a way around it." Keith answered.

Thace knelt down near the controls and took off one of the panels, reaching in and rearranging the wires.

""We"? Who's "we"?"

"Thace. We found him. We'll explain later." I said.

"Copy that."

I turned back to see Thace messing with the wiring and the screens showing unstable power levels.

"What exactly are you doing?" Keith asked, noticing the same things I had.

"I'm using the main power to overload the system." Thace explained.

I gasped, understanding what Thace was attempting to do.

"You're turning the ship into a bomb?" I asked.

"It's the only way." He replied.

The expression on his face was serious, and it seemed that he would change his mind. Such is the way of the Marmora. Do anything, and give any sacrifice for the success of the mission.

Suddenly, we heard the loud thumping of metal, and my scar began to burn again.

"Guys, we've got company." I warned.

The door burst open with a blast of fire and light. Keith aimed his blaster and prepared to fire at any enemies that may come. I summoned my staff and stood in a fighting stance to prepare for any battle to come.

Sure enough, sentries came running into the room and Keith fired his blaster.

He shot a few sentries before focusing his aim above. Keith shot down one of the pillars above the doorway causing them to fall and block the entrance, keeping the enemy outside the room.

"That solves one problem, but now we're trapped in here." Keith said.

"No, we're not." Thace said as he pointed downwards, "There's an exit through the main power conduit. It leads to the second deck."

We ran to the edge of the platform and looked down into the main power conduit. It was a far jump down, but it was our only chance of escape.

"Go, now." Thace ordered, but Keith looked up at him in disbelief.

"What? No, I'm not gonna leave you." Keith declared.

"Neither am I." I added, "We can't just leave you to die here."

"You must. I will shut down the system." Thace pressed, looking at us with a saddened but content expression, "Paladin, Angel, this is where my journey ends, but, as members of Voltron, you have a bigger mission. You must understand that."

We stared at Thace with mixed feelings. We didn't want to leave Thace, but in our minds, we knew that this was our only chance of escape, even if the guilt would be there after this battle.

"It was an honor to meet you." Keith said, a sad smile on his face. The door exploded again, "Go! Now!" Thace shouted.

Keith handed the blaster off the Thace and we both jumped down the main power conduit. We flew down for a minute or two before finally reaching the bottom and rushing out to get back to the fight.

We ran faster and faster down the halls, our legs throbbed as if they would fall off at any momen, until the ship began to rock back and forth.

I felt a sense of pain and dread from the explosion. Thace had completed the mission.

We felt the heat from the explosion's fire as it chased us down the corridor. We ran faster and faster, but the flames were coming closer and closer by the second.

The two fo us turned around and summoned our shields to protect us from the inferno.

The fire was so intense and strong that it forced us outside the ship and broke our shields. I felt Keith wrap his arms around so we wouldn't get separated.

We spun uncontrollably as we were thrown into space, groanijg and panting from the force of the blast pushing us out into space.

Suddenly, we saw the purple lights of Zarkon's ship go off, a sure sign that the ship was offline. It had ko power whatsoever for the time being.

I smiled as well as Keith in relief of the successful plan.

"Thace did it." Keith said.

"Now we have to make sure that his sacrifice wasn't in vain." I said.

Just then, we heard two loud roars behind us. The toe of us turned around and we saw our lions flying towards us. I let go of Keith and flew over to Silver.

"I'll see you when all this is over." I said smiling.

Keith nodded as the Red Lion opened its mouth and let him inside. I flew inside my lion and took my seat, waiting for Allura to open the wormhole.

I held my breath as the teludav activated, sucking Zarkon's ship into the largest wormhole I had ever seen and teleporting it to the Yggiz Galaxy.

"Hurry, Paladins! We must make it in before the wormhole closes!" Coran shouted, flying the Castle through the wormhole as the rest of us followed.

As we traveled through the wormhole I felt something strange inside me.

"Silver, can you feel that?" I asked my lion. She purred softly.

"Yes, Saoirse. I feel it as well, however, I cannot tell what this feeling is?" She replied.

I placed my hand over my chest and felt my heart beating. A bead of sweat ran down my brow and my breathing was slightly irregular.

I was nervous and anxious. But why? Was it because of the battle ahead? Or was it something more than that?

"Coran, how's Allura?" Shiro asked, snapping me out of my thoughts, replacing my anxiety with worry for Allura.

"She's weak, but okay." Coran replied.

"Take care of her, Coran. We'll take care of the rest." I said sighing in relief.

It wasn't long before the wormhole created and exit and put us in the middle of the Yggiz Galaxy, filled with red gaseous clouds and shining stars.

It was just us and Zarkon now.

"We did it! I can't believe we actually did it!" Pidge shouted happily.

"See, I told you we could do it." Slav said.

"It's not over yet. Everyone, form Voltron!" Shiro ordered.

We formed into our respective pieces and attached to each other. But as I stood and let the lights wrap around me, I felt my scar burn worse than before and my head became fuzzy. Everythijg around me was spinning and I didn't know why. But instead of informing my teammates, I pushed my discomfort aside and refocused my vision.

It was our final battle between us and Zarkon. And I was not about to let my team be sidetracked by my condition. I needed to be focused as well. We needed to defeat Zarkon and free the universe. I won't let anyone down.

I stood tall and prepared for anything. The lights wrapped around my limbs and rest of my body as I felt Voltron form and become more powerful than before.

And the strange feeling from before grew stronger by the second.

Voltron stood bravely in front of Zarkon's ship, ready to fight for the future of the universe.

The battle that would determine the fate of the universe was finally here. It was time to fight.