Code of Honor

~~~~Saoirse~~~~

A couple months had passed, and so far there was no sign of Lotor or his generals. And during that time, I took the opportunity to learn more about my brother, when we weren't on missions or putting on show of arms parades for the people.

It turns out that my brother is a skilled healer, and even though he didn't have technology on the Dark Moon, once he picked up a piece of equipment, he was able to code, program and configure it with ease. Not to mention that he could write complex code in a language he created himself. He was teaching me how to read it.

It was almost like having a male Pidge, but not as wild.

But there were other new developments that were brought to attention. Mainly, with Keith.

I was really beginning to worry about him. He hadn't been working with Voltron, and spending most of his time with the Blade of Marmora. I wondered if he would leave us for the Blades.

Right now we were sent on a mission to escort refugees in the Fimm System. It was important that we get them to safety. We attached out lions to the ships and began to take off towards the meeting point on Olkarion.

Just as we were about to leave, the Black Lion swung around and grabbed the remaining ship.

"Well, look who decided to show up." Pidge said annoyed by Keith's lateness.

"Yeah, are you even taking this seriously?" Lance asked equally annoyed.

"Sorry I'm late." Keith said, genuinely sorry for his tardiness.

"It's all right, Keith. As long as you came to help." I said, trying to make him feel better, but I could tell that it wasn't working well.

We brought the refugees back to Olkarion safe and sound a couple hours later, just when the sun was setting.

I got out of my lion and took off my helmet, shaking my hair back into place. But then I noticed twisting energies close by. I looked up and saw the Black Lion with two people standing in front of it.

Keith and Shiro, the two conflicting Paladins of the Black Lion. I could only sigh and watch as they seemed to be talking.

I knew Keith was concerned about his role as leader. But does he understand how this doubt about being leader would affect us? Affect me?

~~~~Keith~~~~

I stood on the roof of a nearby building with Shiro and the Black Lion. So many thing were going on and I didn't know how to make sense of it all.

I was torn between the Blades, and my duty to Voltron.

"Were you able to speak with Koliva. Avkut the intel?" I asked.

"I did, and we need tk find out all we can about that quintessence." Shiro answered before turning to me, "But more importantly, Voltron needs a strong leader."

"I know they do and it should be you." I said. I could never be the leader Shiro and Saoirsr thought that I could be. I couldn't lead the team properly.

Sometimes I think that it's best if I just stick with the Blades."

Shiro frowned, the topic being brought up times before, "Keith, we've discussed this before. Besides, we both know that the Black Lion has chosen you."

"You only tried once." I said, "You had a connection with the Black Lion and I know it's still there. If you just give it another shot--"

"Keith, we all have a part to play." Shiro cut me off, "This is mine now. I've come to terms with it. Now you need to."