A New Defender

~~~~Saoirse~~~~

We kept of fighting for Naxzela, firing at the Galra ships and forces on the ground and sky.

"It appears that all of the planets we've engaged have been pacified, if not totally liberated." Coran informed us.

I thought it was a great form of progress and smiled at the news. However, it didn't last very long.

"Wait a minute. There's another Galra battle cruiser approaching Naxzela."

My heart beat faster and my scar began to burn. Not a very good sign.

I quickly scanned the area for the Galra cruiser heading our way, and from the size of it, we had to be prepared for anything it might throw at us.

"Power is down. Zaiforge cannon Senfama, are you still operational?" We heard Matt say through the radios.

"Negative." Keith responded.

"That incoming battle cruiser must have shut thrm down remotely." Coran said.

"Sorry, Shiro. That's it for artillery support. What should we do about that cruiser?"

Voltron jumped into the air, smashing ourselves into a large Galra structure.

"That cruiser's gonna be too late. Naxzela's almost secure." Shiro replied, "We just need to take out the last of the heavy artillery."

I looked around and saw a ship about to shoot us down on our left.

"On our left!" I shouted.

"Shield up!" Shiro shouted, in an instant our shield was up.

I sent in energy through my Lion to the shield to give it extra power, but even with that boost it wouldn't last very long under this amount of strain from the blast.

"Divert the attack and shoot it back at the ship!" I shouted, giving more energy.

Everyone nodded. Lance and Pidge forced their lions forward and pushed the attack right back towards the Galra cruiser.

The ship was blown to pieces when the blast hit it full force, leaving nothing behind but scrap metal.

We flew through the fiery cloud and activated the shoulder cannon, firing towards the Galra on the ground. The blast quickly split into several shots, hitting many Galra weak points and structures, and giving out a devastating blow.

Voltron stood tall and strong as we watched the Galra forces erupt in flames. I could sense all the energy erupting from around us, each one growing

But as our victory was coming closer and closer, I couldn't stop shaking.

Voltron swerved to the left, swinging our sword back and forth hitting all small Galra fighters, when all of a sudden, I felt a nee energy approach Naxzela. It was so cold and dark. But warped and twisted.

We landed and at the same time, the ground began to shake.

"Whoa! Did we cause that earthquake?" Lance asked at the feel of the shaking ground.

"I don't think so!" Pidge shouted back.

The ground rumbled under our feet, rocks and buildings shaking and thrashing from the pressure as our alarms blared in our ears and the red lights flashing in our cockpits.

I turned around in my cockpit in a full circle, watching the devestation that was occurring on the planet.

"Guys, look over there!" Hunk said.