The Genesis

~~~~Saoirse~~~~

I sat next to Keith in the conference room. We were about to go over our next course of action regarding Honerva and her Robeasts. However, I was terrified for what we might find in Oriande.

The dream I had about the White Lion scared me even more. The pain he must've been feeling..... I couldn't even imagine what Honerva must've been doing to him.

"We have confirmation that Honerva's beasts have touched down on planets Sanook, VeXilum, Siiz, and we continue to receive more transmissions." Coran explained, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"This is consistent with the reports I'm recieving as well." Veronica confirmed.

"The wormhole signatures we discovered on Olkarion, they were a map to where the Robeasts were headed. They must have been waiting this entire time." Pidge pointed out as we stared at the holo-map above the table.

"They're targeting multiple fronts simultaneously." Keith said.

"What do we do?" Hunk asked.

"We keep our calm." Shiro answered, "Coran, continue to mark the planets where the beasts have landed. Veronica, give us any real-time updates as they come in."

"Copy that." Veronica said typing on her holo-keys, "Just got another report from Sanook. The Robeasts are covered in some type of shield like a particle barrier."

We looked up and saw a picture of one of the Robeasts surrounded in a purple barrier. Just staring at the picture made me shake with fear and uneasiness. I could feel the stars quaking in fear of the Robeasts and the destruction of several planets.

Keith noticed my shaking and fear filled eyes. He gently grasped my hand under the table. I returned the gently hold, weaving my fingers in his and calming down just a little.

"They're not attacking the planet?" Allura asked.

"Not yet."

Just then, Veronica's tablet beeped in attention.

"The planets are reporting activity." Veronica said, bringing attention to her reports, "The Robeasts are siphoning Quintessence."

"We need to engage them all, save as many people as we can. We're talking about triage here." Iverson said.

"We could split up the Lions." Keith suggested.

"One Lion can't handle a Robeats on its own." Hunk pointed out.

"No, but it could slow the down, buy us some time."

"I say we attack them with the totality of our forces and wormhole from target to target." Shiro suggested.

Allura stood up, "No. We must attack Oriande directly. I think I know what Homerva's doing." She said, a cosmic map appearing above us to further illustrate Allura's words.

"We know Honerva has the ability to create wormholes and that these wormholes are emanating from Oriande. She used a Robeats to steal the Olkari cubes, which can mimic and intensify energy at a distance. And those Robeasts are essentially armed with Komars, able to drain and transmit massive amounts of Quintessence. Honerva is going to concentrate energy from across the universe to Oriande."

"But what is she doing with those things?" Keith asked.

"She is making a Komar magnitudes large than anything we've ever seen, something that could drain the Quintessence from an entire galaxy." I answered lowly.

We could only stare in horror as a picture of an Altean magic circle covered the galaxy image.

"No." Commander Holt whispered.