New Roles

~~~~Saoirse~~~~

After we found out that Keith was going to pilot the Black Lion, we had to decided who was going be the Red Lion pilot. Allura wasn't chosen even though she desperately wanted to follow in her father's footsteps as the Red Paladin.

"A new palidan? I mean, where would we even start looking?" Pidge asked.

"Well I vote for getting some alien diversity on the team, and I know some cool mermaids who could be good at it." Lance suggested.

"You do realize that we have an Altean princess, her advisor, a half human-half Galran pilot, and a half Altean-half Teshirian pilot, right? There's plenty of alien diversity here." I said sarcastically, making Keith chuckle. I smiled at him, happy to see his at least chuckle.

"Besides, you just want to see those mermaids again." Hunk deadpanned.

"Yeah, exactly."

"How about those blade guys?" Hukk suggested.

"Or the Olkari?" Pidge jumped out of her seat, but before we could discuss the topics any further, the screen in the lounge began to static.

The Puigian leader appeared on the staticy screen.

"Voltron, we need your help. The Galrans have returned. Once you left, we were defenseless. My people are trying to hold out, but the Galra are too powerful." The Puigian begged for help, his voice breaking slightly from the interrupted connection.

"The lions are on their way. Hold your ground and protect your people until we arrive. Voltron stands with you." Allura said.

"Thank you, Princess." The connection was cut off and all of us ran to our Lions as quickly as possible.

"Keith," Allura stopped him, "The Black Lion has chosen you. You can do this."

Keith nodded and went through the door to the tunnel leading to the Black Lion. I sighed, hoping that this mission would go well.

I went through my tunnel and landed in the Silver Lion, launching with Keith, Pidge and Hunk. However, Lance was nowhere to be seen.

"Alright guys, we're not about to let the Galra take back this planet, so follow me." Keith said.

"Where's Lance?" Pidge asked, noticing the absence of the blue palidan.

"What?" Keith asked confused.

"Lance, where are you?" I asked.

"My lion's not responding to me." Lance replied and groaned.

"Well, figure it out and catch up with us as soon as you can." Keith said.

We flew out to Planet Puig as fast as we could, but as soon as soon as we got close, a Galra ship appeared in front of us. My scar began to burn, warning me that something bad was about to happen. Or... someone bad was inside that ship. Either way, it wasn't a good sign.

"Attention, Palidans of Voltron." A man's voice said. It was powerful, demanding and almost young. "This is Prince Lotor, son of Zarkon, Emperor Pro Tem of the Galra Empire. Surrender now, or you will be destroyed."

"We've been set up!" Pidge shouted as small fighters rushed out of the large ship.

"Evasive maneuvers. Everyone, watch your back!" Keith ordered as the battle began.

~~~~Allura~~~~

I watched the battle on Puig commence, and was scared for my Paladins.

"Coran, we need to get there immediately. Lance, we need you. The lions are being attacked." I shouted.