Black Paladins

~~~~Saoirse~~~~

We flew through space in Voltron, following the rouge pod Shiro was using with Lotor inside. This Shiro was not my brother, and I was an idiot for not seeing it clearly. I knew he was different, his energy was warped and growing darker ever since we met Lotor.

And now, I was losing my brother again, for the third time.

The three ships piloted by Lotor's generals fired at us with a single highly charged shot. We summoned our shield and I pushed enough energy into it so we wouldn't be hurt too badly. However, the blast was powerful enough to push us backwards into a large asteroid floating behind us.

"I'm heading your way!" Coran shouted.

"Coran, No!" Keith shouted back, "The Castle of Lions barely survived the first time we fought one of those ships. You'll only--"

Keith was cut off by another shot fired st us. I clenched my teeth to keep from shouting in pain as we were fired upon.

"Keith is right, Coran, the ship's defenses will never hold!" Allura added.

"Guys, we can't take this much longer!" Pidge exclaimed.

"Do you guys have any ideas?" Lance asked.

I looked around at our surroundings and got an idea.

"Coran, fire just below our position." I said.

"What?" Coram replied shocked by my order.

"No time for shock and questions, just destroy the rock we're pinned against!" I said as quickly as his reply.

Coran didn't hesitate to follow my order and fired a laser at the rock underneath us. The rock was quickly destroyed and we were able to fly away admist the crumbling chaos.

"Lance! Pidge! I need you to get us some cover. Saoirse, add an extra boost to the Red and Green Lions" Keith said.

We all did as told. I pushed as much energy as I could spare and the two lions fired at the surrounding rocks to create cover while the generals were still following us.

"Who's got eyes on Shiro?" Keith asked, but we were stopped by something tugging on Voltron's waist.

The three Galra shot out multiple strings of energy and wrapped them around Voltron's waist then pulled us back away from Shiro's ship, flinging us into a large rock behind them.

We all groaned from the impact and the Galra ships flew away.

"What just happened?" Pidge asked.

All of a sudden, I felt a massive amount of energy erupt in front of us. In an instant, a purple wormhole appeared in front of Shiro's pod.

"Guys, are you seeing this?" I said, shocked by the sudden appearance of the wormhole and the strange dark evergy that was emitted from it.

"Is that...?" Pidge gasped as everyone looked foraard to see the massive purple wormhole.

"A wormhole?" Lance asked.

"They're trying to escape." Keith pointed out.

"Haggar. It has to be Haggar." Allura growled out angrily, "She must've gained the ability. But how?"

"I don't know, but that wormhole is emitting dark energy." I answered, trying to keep my voice from shaking.

"We can't worry about that now." Keith said, "We have to make sure we get Shiro back."