Shiro's Escape

~~~~Saoirse~~~~

I stayed in my room after spending hours with my brother, who had been injured and placed in a healing pod to recover. Keith said that I should go and get some rest, that it would take a day for Shiro to heal properly.

I took his advice, but I couldn't sleep. I went through a lot after we were separated in the wormhole. I found out who I was, regained some of my memories from my past had come back, but mostly they were bad and painful.

I was the daughter of an Altean named Cires and a Teshiran named Siofra. And my scar, came from my grandfather when he tried to kill me. I don't even know if my grandfather killed my parents after I left.

I sat on my bed, staring at the holographic picture of my once happy family. I kept comparing myself to my mother, I guess I got my eyes from her.

I took a deep breath and let my human form fade away. My Altean marks and blue hair came back and I suddenly felt relieved. As if I was whole.

I pressed my thumb against the pendant and the picture went away and the music stopped playing. I stood up and walked over to the mirror over the desk in my room, then took a look at myself in it.

This was me. I was Saoirse. But not the Saoirse everyone else, including me, knew.

Suddenly, there was a knock at my door. I panicked, my appearance changing back to my black hair and human face.

"Who is it?" I asked, hiding the necklace in my pocket before going to the door.

The door slid open and showed Keith outside my room.

"Hey, Saoirse." He said, "Shiro should be coming out soon. He'll want you to be there when he does."

I smiled at him and nodded, walking in front of him towards the med bay. He stared at me from the back, confused as to why is didn't greet him.

To be honest, I still needed some time to accept that I wasn't human, so I deep down I was afraid that everyone wasn't going to accept my newfound heritage.

I trust my friends more than anything, I thought of them all as my family, but to be told that your friend and sister wasn't human, not even half human, I'm worried about what could happen afterwards.

We walked together to the med bay and stood next to my friends as we watched my brother groan in his sleep.

It hurt me a lot to see him like this. Even if we weren't related by blood, we were family.

"Is he okay?" Hunk asked.

"Sometimes, the healing process can cause involuntary brain wave reactions." Allura explained.

"He looks like he's having a bad dream."

"He just got blasted by a space witch and mauled by giant lizards. What dream could be worse than that?" Keith said.

I didn't take my eyes off Shiro, not wanting to miss a thing that could go right or wrong.

Finally, after half an hour, we all gave a smile and sigh of relief when Shiro opened his eyes.

We got him out quickly, but he was just as quick to tell us about something he remembered in the pod. He told us about how he escaped from the Galra, saved by a Galran named Ulaz.

Shiro said that Ulaz gave him coordinates in his metal arm leading some place where we could get help from potential allies.

After we got him some food and fresh set of clothes, he told Pidge to scan his arm for the coordinates.