Black Site

~~~~Saoirse~~~~

I stared at Anielisa and Castielis after they explained who I was supposed to be. The Star of the Angels. The meaning of my name was the key to a tale told at the beginning of the Universe's creation.

"But I still don't understand something." I said, "What does it mean to be the Light of Teshiria? And what will happen when I actually do become the Light of Teshiria and take Anielisa's power?"

Anielisa and Castielis gestured to the wall with the mural. As I looked over at the mural, the picture changed. It was a clearer picture of me smiling softly at the stone of Teshiria. I was wearing different Teshirian robes. My chest was covered in gold and there was a transparent gold and magenta shawl gently wrapped around my arms and shoulders. My Teshirian stone was also wrapped around my neck, but placed in a gold flower shape.

It was an amazing sight to see. Suddenly, the mural began to move. My form began to twist and turn as the stone in front of me shone even brighter. I looked as if I was in absolute bliss and filled with peace.

"Is that what what I'm supposed to be in the future?" I asked.

Anielisa and Castielis nodded.

"Yes. This shall be you once you accept my power, young Saoirse." Anielisa said smiling, taking my hand in hers and filling me with an amazing feeling of warmth.

"But how do I even take this power? What'll I do with it once I accept it? How do I even know if I'll be able to control it? What even is the light of Teshiria?" I asked, completely unsure of what'll happen in the future.

Castielis knelt down to my height, plcing his hands on my shoulders and looking right into my eyes. His expression showed courage and yet, a soft feeling came from his stare.

"You are strong enough to take more than just the power of the light. But, if you must know about your capability in being able to hold such tremendous power, we shall explain it all from the beginning." He said.

Castielis stood back up straight and we faced the mural once again. The picture turned to black, then slowly faded into white. I heard a loud sound and the mural pieces exploded all around us. I covered my eyes to shield myself from the flying pieces of the mural.

"Do not be afraid to see the past, Saoirse. For it is through the past we learn to see the future." Anielisa said.

I uncovered my face and opened my eyes, only to see that we were no longer in the golden hall, but instead, floating in space.

I looked down at my hands and saw my body almost completely see through. I looked over at Castielis and Anielisa, noticing that they were in the same state I was.

"Where are we now?" I asked.

"This us the universe before it was born." Anielisa answered, "In the beginning, there was nothing but darkness and cold. There was nothing to bring light and warmth to the the universe."

I looked around and indeed saw nothing but darkness and felt the icy chill of the empty void hit my arms. I rubbed my hands up and down my arms to warm myself up, but it didn't do anything.

All of a sudden, I felt warm again and something shone brightly in the distance. I stared in awe as a whitw light filled the dark and cold space with light and warmth.

"Until finally one day, there was a light that filled this dark and cold space with light and warmth. This was the beginning of life in the universe." Castielis  said.