Know Your Enemy

~~~~Saoirse~~~~

We flew as as fast as we could past Pluto and then past Neptune with one goal in mind: get back to Earth as soon as possible.

At this moment, Earth was captured by the Galra and was struggling to keep up with the enemy. I should've been more on edge when my scar began to burn. I should've known that after three years the Galra would be on their way to Earth.

"Dad, please respond. Voltron is coming. Hold on." Pidge said, the static continuing to crackle as we got closer towards Earth. Ever since we got the distress signal from her father, she's veen trying to contact him again.

"Are we too late?" Hunk asked in a worried tone.

We picked up the pace flying faster and faster, until suddenly, a voice was picked up on our transmitters.

"Katie? Katie, is that you?" We smiled,  relieved when we heard Commander Holt's voice answer our call.

"Dad, it's me. I'm here." Pidge happy replied.

"Katie, I'm so glad to hear your voice. Where are you?"

"We're within Earth's Solar System. Heading to Earth now."

"Wait! You must stop!" Sam shouted, almost begging for us to stay away.

"What? Say again." Keith said.

"What are you talking about, Sam? The Galra are there on Earth, right? We need to get there now." I said, confused on why he wanted us to stay away when we could help.

"Stop. Sendak has invaded the planet. He's taken over Earth. If he finds out that Voltron and Saoirse are here, he'll threaten the people of Earth in exchange for her and the Lions."

"Why would they want Saoirse?" Lance asked.

"Sendak asked for the Angel of Teshiria. I figured it was her. You have to stay away from Earth or else bad things will happen." Sam explained.

I almost lost all the breath in my body when Sam mentioned me. Sendak not only wanted the lions but me as well? What was his game?

We were all silent for a moment, before Keith gave us his orders.

"Reverse thrusters!" He shouted.

"Copy that. Hold tight!" Hunk pulled back on his controls and reversed our thrusters, quickly stopping our movements. However, we weren't lucky enough to stop and not be spotted.

~~~~Sam~~~~

The electronic chirping from the radars filled the room as I watched the sensors pick up Galra ships near Voltron's energy signature.

I turned towards Curtis and Veronica, "Pick ip those Galra ships' locations." I ordered, "We need to scramble any transmissions immediately."

"Scanning location." Curtis said, a secomd later, he finished his work, "I got it. They're opening a channel. Triangulating position for broadcast. Sending interference."

"Good work." I said then turned around to face Commander Iverson.

"Is it really Saoirse and the cadets?" He asked.

"Yes. And if I know the paladins, they'll be coming back home matter what. We have to help them stay safe under any circumstances." I replied.

~~~~Keith~~~~

Our alarms quickly beeped at the sight of three Galra patrol ships nearby. They began their attack immediately.

"Paladins, we blocked the patron's transmission. You're clear." Commander Holt informed us.