Crystal Venom

~~~Allura~~~

It had been a few days since our mission on the Balmera, and both Saoirse and I were very exhausted. From what I've heard, she had barely woken up since we left. I figured it was because of her human origin that she was more drained than I.

But I couldn't shake the strange sight I saw while she slept on the Balmera. I couldn't forget the strange blue color that washed over her hair. It was so familiar.

I sat in the AI room, where my father resided in his holographic form. The room was designed to project images of Altea and memories.

I sighed, "I loved the smell of the mountain juniberries in the early morning breeze." I said to my father, remembering their sweet scent.

"As did I, Allura." Father said.

"Remember the Summer Berry Festival? People would come from all over Altea for the harvest."

"I remember how the berry juice stained your favorite dress. You were so upset."

I laughed softly, "It took forever for Mother to calm me." Just the thought of my mother and our planet almost brought me to tears.

"I miss Altea so much. I miss you, Father. I wish it didn't have to be this way." I said sadly.

"I know, Allura, but, as leaders, we have to do what's right for our people, even if it means great sacrifice."

"I know, Father. That's what you always say."

Suddenly, the door behind me opened. I turned around to see who had entered and saw Coran rushing up to me.

"Princess, there you are. What are you doing up and about? You should be resting." He said.

"Oh, Coran, can't I stay?" I asked, not wanting to part from my Father.

"The Balmeran rejuvenation ceremony took a lot out of you. Come along, to your room." He took my hand and helped me up to my feet, the Altean mice following us.

"Get your rest, darling. I will be here for you when you're well." Father said.

I smiled back at him, "I love you, Father. I'll see you soon."

Coran turned me around and led me out of the room as the images faded and my Father disappeared.

"Coran." I said as we walked down the halls, "How is Saoirse?"

"She hasn't woken up just yet, at least not for very long." Coran answered, "She is only awake for about an hour at a time, but shes slowly getting better. When she is awake we have her eat, so she's well fed. But, I suppose she needs more rest since she is a human."

"I'm not sure she is." I whispered, but Coran heard me and looked down at me curiously.

"What do you mean, Princess?" He asked.

I thought back to the Balmera and how Saoirse's hair shone blue for a moment. Also, I remembered the old Balmeran woman say how Saoirse had an ancient power inside her.

"I'm not sure, really. But something about her seems... strange. But maybe... maybe it's just my imagination."

Coran shrugged it off and led me me to my room. He lay me in my bed and left me to rest. Even though I was resting, my mind was filled with questions about what I had seen on the Balmera.

~~~~Shiro~~~~

I walked down the halls to Saoirse's room, where I knew Keith would be. For the past few days, Keith had barely left Saoirse's side.

I arrived at her door and let it slide open, revealing Keith slumped over asleep in a chair next to my sleeping sister.

I smiled at the sight. They were always very close, even before I adopted Saoirse. When I first met them they were never apart for long, and when they were, Keith seemed sad and more lonely.