Tailing a Comet

~~~~Keith~~~~

"Okay, team, we need to get that--" Shiro said.

"Here's the plan, everyone." I said at the same time. Shiro and I looked at each other surprised and unsure who was going to speak.

I was the leader of Voltron but for only a little while. Now that Shiro is back, he can take the Black Lion back as leader. It would be better that way. I wasn't cut out to be a leader like him.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Go ahead, Shiro." I said stepping back. From the corner of my eye I could see Saoirse look worried.

"We need to get that comet. They must be transporting it to that base." Shiro explained, "It'll be vulnerable during the transfer. That's the best time to strike."

"Shiro, it's also possible that Lotor isn't moving the comet at all." Saoirse said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Lotor doesn't seem to be ruling the Galra Empire the way his father did. In fact, he seems to be almost the exact opposite as Zarkon. Chances are, he's doing something to the comet either in that ship or on that base." Saoirse explained.

"That's good thinking, Saoirse. We'll take that into consideration when planning the attack."

All of a sudden, our radars showed the Galra cruiser shooting at the base. In seconds there were trails of smoke erupting from the base after the initial attacks. We could only stare in shock and confusion at rhe events unfolding.

"Who the heck are these guys?" Lance asked breakikg the shocked silence.

"Looks like Saoirse was right. They're not moving the comet to the base." Shiro said, "We neee more information."

"You're right." I sighed, placing my hand on Shiro's shoulder, "You take the Black Lion. I'll stay with Coran in the Castle and provide support."

"Keith, are you sure?" Saoirse asked. I turned towards her and nodded.

"I'm sure." Shiro nodded and hugged me, "Be safe out there." I said before they all left to suit up.

I turned around to walk to Coran, when a hand caught mine. I turned around and saw Saoirse standing there holding my hand.

"Be careful out here." She said, giving me a quick hug and then leaving to catch up with the others.

~~~~Saoirse~~~~

Four of us launched out of the Castle in our lions and headed down to the base, however, the Black Lion didn't follow us.

"Shiro, where are you? We need uou right now!" Lance said.

I let go of my controls and pulled off the black glove covering my hands. I focused on Shiro and the Black Lion's energies, then my Teshirian markings appeared. The Black and the purple colors didn't mix and merge. They divided.

"The Black Lion isn't connecting to you, is it Shiro?" I asked.

"No, it's not." He sighed, "Keith, I'm gonna need you to lead this mission."

"What? What is it? What's wrong?" Keith asked almost panicked.

"The Black Lion isn't responding to me. It looks like you're its true paladin now."

"I'm coming down."

The Black Lion joined us a few minutes later and we landed without any Galra eyes spotting us. We lowered our speeders to the ground and rode off towards the base.

"The most important thing is for you to get eyes on that comet." Shiro said, "Second is figuring out who we're dealing with."