Declaration

~~~~Keith~~~~

I was talking to a few of the Teshirians, who thanked us for fighting off the Galra fleet. I smiled and said my thanks for their compliments. I walked around the celebration, seeing so many Teshirians laughing with their familes and friends, living out their first day of freedom as the stars shone brightly above.

I turned around and saw Saoirse having fun with other Teshirians. She was smiling even brighter than I could have ever imagined. I couldn't help but feel so relieved and happy for her to have found her family.

Now if only I could find mine.

As I was walking around, I saw my friends hanging out with other Teshirians, and finally, I saw Saoirse's parents and her siblings. They looked better, happier, now dressed in better clothing. They were talling to other Teshiri clan members, who were smiling and laughing with them.

Suddenly, Cires looked directly at me and smiles, wabing his hand towards me to come closer.

I was confused, looking around to see if he was actually looking at me. But, seeing as no one else had their attention grabbdd by Saoirse's father, I assumed that it was me he wanted to meet.

I walked closer and the small family excused themselves from the other Teshirians.

Saoirse's mother, Siofra smiled at me and gave her youngest daughter to Lellal.

"Lellal, why don't you and your siblings go find Saoirse?" She said. Lellal, confused as to why his parents wanted him and his siblings to leave, simply nodded and walked away with his little brother and sister in tow to find Saoirse.

"You are Keith, correct?" Cires asked.

"Yes, sir." I replied, receiving a hearty chuckle from him.

"There's no need for the formalities. You can just call us by our names." He said still chuckling.

I nodded, "Okay, Cires." I said nervously, cracking a smile.

"Come with us, we'd very much like to speak with you." Siofra said. She grabbed my hand and led me with her husband to a more secluded area. This is where I got really nervous, as the more secluded we got, the more my nerves shook.

Finally, we found ourselves in more secluded place in the Teshiri clan house. It was a large balcony overlooking a small lake reflecting the light of the Teshirian stars beautifully on its rippling surface.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" I asked hesitantly.

Siofra and Cires turned around to face me, both of them having a semi serious expression on ther faces. It made me feel even more nervous, so much so that I felt like I couldn't move an inch.

"Tell us something, Keith." Cires asked, "We've seen how caring you are of our daughter. How you were the first one to worry about her in her fight against Thanis. How you held her so tightly when she claimed victory."

"I have also seen that your energy changes when you are around Saoirse. And from that, I can tell that you are very close to my daughter." Siofra said smiling sweetly at me.

"Well, she was first friend, so of course I would feel anxious about her safety. She's been with me since we were little kids." I explained, not really sure where this conversation was heading.

"Tell us, Keith. Do you love our daughter?" Cires asked casually, as if we were talking about the weather.

Immediately after he asked that question, my ears, cheeks and neck began to burn while my heart beat a hundred miles a second.