Ark of Taujeer

~~~~Saoirse~~~~

I felt warm and comfortable as I opened my eyes. My vision was blurry for a couple minutes before I finally saw the glowing stone next to my head. My stone was glowing, but it didn't play the song nor did it show the picture of me and my parents.

It just glowed like a child's night light to keep the monsters that lurk in the dark away. Slowly I sat up, rubbing the sleep from my eyes before grabbing my pendant.

I rubbed the stone, smiling as the picture and song returned. But as I stared at the picture, I remembered my mother's words and the incident in the teludav.

"Why did I pass out like that?" I said asked myself staring at my mother, "I wonder if you ever had to go through pain and exhaustion."

I yawned and swung my legs over the edge of my bed. My bare feet touched the cold floor and sent a shiver through my body. I went over to my closet and grabbed my casual wear, slipping on my silver top and black jeans before putting on my black boots.

I fixed my hair in front of the mirror on the wall and secured my ponytail before hiding my pendant in my pocket and exiting my room to find the others.

I walked down the halls staring at my hands and wondering why I blacked out. Was it because of what my mother said in that strange language? Or was it how I could control the water back when I was still a child?

Suddenly, the answer hit me. My mother said that Teshirians were able to reach down and control energy. Was that the reason why I could control the water when I was young?

My questions ceased when I finally arrived at the Bridge, but through the door I heard everyone talking.

"There's no point in debating this further." I heard Allura say, "Zarkon is clearly tracking us through me."

Everyone voiced their disagreements.

"Why would that be so hard to believe?" She asked angrily, "Zarkon's forces showed up on Aurs only after I awoke."

"She's got a point." Lance said, "I would absolutely travel across the galaxy to find you."

"Enough of your flirting, Lance." I said alerting everyone in the room. They all turned towards me and smiled, Shiro and Keith rushing up to me.

"Saoirse, thank goodness you're awake!" Shiro said hugging me tightly, "We were worried about what Coran and Allura said about your condition."

I narrowed my eyes in confusion, "My condition?"

"Yes." Allura said, "Our scans showed that you were low in energy." That gave me an answer for one of my questions as to why I collapsed, but I would need to dig deeper later.

"All right, the good news is that I'm awake. Now, what's with the heavy atmosphere about how we're being tracked?" I asked.

"Allura thinks that Zarkon is tracking us through her." Pidge said.

"It's not you, Princess Allura. It's me." Keith said taking the blame, but in return, confusing us all.

"Because?" Hunk asked.

"I just think Zarkon must've imprinted on me during our fight or something." Keith excused.

"That barely makes any sense at all." I said.

"Look, the fact is, we don't know how Zarkom is tracking us. It could be through the Black Lion." Pidge suggested, "Every time Zarkon gets close to it, Shiro has to fight him for control."

"That's only when Zarkom is nearby." Coran said, "No Paladin has ever been able to connect with a lion over a vast distance."

"Don't be so sure about that, Coran." I said, everyone looking at me again, "Think about it, we don't know the full capabilities of our Lions. We didn't know that the Red Lion had fire powers or the Blue Lion with ice, or even the Green Lion with those vines. There's a lot more to these looks than we first realized."