Rescue

~~~~Keith~~~~

We flew through the hundreds of Galra fighters, dodging their attacks, but I noticed that the Black Liom was not anywhere around us.

I fired my Lion's beams and took out a small portion of a fleet.

"There's no end to these guys!" Hunk shouted.

Suddenly, a laser shot through one of the Galra cruisers. I looked up and saw the Castle firing its attack.

"Coran attack! I've been waiting ten thousand years for this!" I heard Coran shout.

We cheered at his entrance into the battle. But then, I heard Shiro groan.

"Shiro, are you okay?" I asked.

"Something is overriding the controls! My lion is not responding!" Shiro answered before screaming in pain.

"Shiro's in trouble! I'm going in!" I shot towards the Black Lion to help Shiro in whatever way I could.

But before I could get to the Black Lion, it opened its mouth and Shiro was flung out of it and into space. He tried to use his jetpack to fly away from the nearby cruiser, but he crashed instead and broke his jetpack on the side of the ship. He groaned and hung on so he wouldn't fly too far into space.

"What do we do know, guys? Our plan isn't exactly going as... well, planned!" Hunk asked.

"I'm going to get the Black Lion. You guys the the Princess and Saoirse, now!" Shiro said.

"I've identified Allura and Saoirse's exact locations. Uploafing the coordinated to you, now." Coran said. He shared the coordinates with the us and I locked on to Saoirse's location, "In the meantime, I'll provide covering fire from out here, all alone, against an entire fleet. So, yeah, do you mind hurrying?"

"My jetpack's damaged. I'll need to go through the ship." Shiro used his prosthetic hand and cut a large opening in the ship, before jumping inside.

"You guys get the Princess without me." Keith said, shocking everyone.

"What? We've got to stick together! What are you doing?" Lance asked.

"Whatever I can." I replied, speeding off to the Black Lion.

I flew the Red Lion towards the Black Lion and pushed it away from the ship before flying back around to fight.

~~~~Saoirse~~~~

I heard the alarms blaring and the sentries outside stomping away from my prison door. Someone was fighting the Galra and I knew it was Paladins. I knew that would come to find us.

Suddenly, my door opened and revealing the two druids that were with that old woman Haggar.

"What do you want?" I asked not showing an ounce of fear at their presence. One closed the door behind him and the other knelt down in front of me.

"What are you?" He asked. I was confused. What the heck was this question? What am I?

"I am a Paladin of Voltron. That's all you need to know." I answered.

The druid behind the kneeling one walked towards me and knelt down himself, holding out his hand as purple lightning crackled between his fingers.

"Answer truthfully. What are you?" He asked.

"I don't see a reason to answer that." I was about to speak again when I was cut off by a blinding pain. Purple lighting burned me and coursed through my veins with intense pain.