Home

~~~~Saoirse~~~~

The timer went off again, signifying our fourth hour.

"Everyone..." Keith said exhaling, "Everyone sound off."

"Allura here." Allura said weakly.

"Lance here." Lance followed.

"Pidge here." She responded.

"Saoirse here." I said.

Once again, Hunk didn't respond, which made Keith a little annoyed.

"Hunk, sound off immediately!" He shouted weakly.

"Keith, you don't have to--" Allura said.

"It's okay, Allura. It's okay." Hunk cut her off, "I was just kind of, you know, lost in this fantasy that we'd get to Earth and, you know, the Garrison would throw us a parade and all that stuff, and then, you know, maybe I'd meet some hotshot pilot who wanted to check out the Yellow Lion, anf then maybe the Yellow Lion would take a shine to her, obviously, and then I'd be like "Whoa. I cant stand in-between you two. The bond is strong here."

I chuckled softly at his fantasy. It would be nice to get back to Earth and celebrate the freedom of the universe. Then maybe when the time comes, we would all settle down and have our own families. The thoought of me having a family of my own made me blush furiously.

"Hunk, what are you talking about?" Lance asked.

"Fantasizing about quitting Voltron." Keith suddenly said, surprising us all.

"No, no, no, no, not quitting. No. Just, you know, being the bigger man. Just stepping aside to pass the baton down to a younger generation." Hulk clarified.

"Am I quite wrong or is Hunk still very young by Earth standards?" Allura asked.

I chuckled again, "He's just young at heart." I  said.

"Yeah." Hunk agreed, "I think time is different for me, like I'm on dog years or something."

All of a sudden, I along with my team, were screaming in pain as  we were surrounded in red, shocked by strange bolts of energy.

"What's happening?" Pidge shouted as the bolts of energy wrapped around our wrists and ankles.

My body froze in place, as if this energy was leaving paralyzed and making my heart beat faster than it should.

"What is this?" Lance shouted.

"I'm being pulled away!" Allura yelled as her grip was slipping from my fingers.

"Something is attacking us! Keith, what do we do?" Hunk asked.

I looked over at Keith and saw his eyes narrow, his face almost unrecognizable to me. I had never seen his eyes shine with that angry gleam, just once when he was fighting Shiro's evil clone.

He suddenly turned around, letting go of my hand and swinging his bayard at something that wasn't there. His eyes were dark and filled with anger as he attacked the invisible threat.

The red cloud around us slowly faded away as Keith kept swinging his bayard. Once the red was gone, I activated my jetpack and flew over to Keith to stop him.

"My bayard won't work. We don't know where the lions are. We're being attacked by things we can't even see." He said hysterically, confusing us.

"Keith, what are you talking about? There's nothing out there. It's just us." Lance said.

Keith glanced around with frantic eyes before he settled on me. Once he saw my worried expression, he settled down a little and floated over to me. I wrapped my arms around him in an effort to comfort him at least a little bit.