Knights of Light pt.1

~~~~Saoirse~~~~

Darkness.... that's all I could see...

"Saoirse?" A voice called out to me... it was soft, caring and a little bit afraid and worried.

"Saoirse, please wake up..." the voice begged.

My eyes slowly fluttered open, allowing a soft light to cover my sight.

"Saoirse, are you okay?" The voice from before asked. I looked around and to my left was Keith and Shiro standing by my side.

I couldn't answer right away, as my mind was fuzzy and my memory was blurred.

"Keith...?" I whispered, "What happened?"

I looked around a little more and recognized the place I woken up in to be the Altas medical bay. But why was I here?

"You came back to the Atlas because you were feeling dizzy, remember?" Keith explained, "When we got back you had collapsed with Allura."

"Collapsed....? With Allura...?" I repeated.

All of a sudden, my mind flew back to before the darkness crept into my mind.

Allura and the entity.

The pain in my chest.

The dizzy spells.

A cold sensation running through my entire body.

I knew this feeling. The entity.

"I remember now." I said trying to sit myself up with Keith's help.

"Saoirse, what happened to you and Allura?" Shiro asked.

I shook my head and shifted in my bed so that my legs hung over the side. I tried to stand, but my legs were weak, as if all of my strength had been sucked out of my body.

"Easy, Saoirse. You just woke up." Shiro warned me.

I shook my head and with Keith's help, I stood up on my feet.

"I need to see Allura." I simply said. As Keith and Shiro looked straight into my eyes, they saw my determination flickering inside of them.

They knew I wouldn't back down, and, with a little bit of convincing, they allowed me out of the room but only if I stayed in a wheelchair until I could stand alone.

Keith pushed me in my chair and Shiro reluctantly went back to his duties as Altas captain.

He pushed me down the halls until we found another room with Allura's name on the door.

"Ready to go in?" Keith asked. I nodded and the door opened, revealing Coran and Lance sitting by the side of a still unconscious Allura sleeping on the bed.

Coran and Lance looked over at us and smiled in relief.

"Saoirse, you're awake. Are you feeling all right?" Coran asked.

I smiled and nodded as Keith wheeled me over to Allura's bedside.

"I'm okay, just felt dizzy is all. I'll be fine if I just relax for a good while." I answered. It was somewhat true. I felt extremely dizzy and I could barely feel my legs, but I would have to push through it. I had a feeling that today would really change the course of this war.

As I watched Allura sleep, I could feel some kind of dark energy warp inside of her. It was the same dark and evil energy I had sensed from the entity.

I remembered before I had collapsed, Allura had made contact with the entity, and as I tried to get her away from it, it had made contact with me as well.