Knights of Light pt. 3

~~~~Saoirse~~~~

We were flung through Honerva's mind, and as we traveled through, I could feel Honerva's energy grow even colder than before.

We landed quickly on broken ground, torn and ripped from the once smooth surface prior to whatever caused this destructive surface. As we looked up out at the surroundings, we were all surprised to see nothing but destroyed landscapes and darkness.

"Whoa." Hunk gasped, "Wait, where are we?"

"On Daibazaal." Alfor answered. We looked over the cliff edge in front of us and saw a large city glowing with purple light, unscathed and untouched.

"It's pristine." Gyrgan commented as he stared out at the city below, "Last we were here, all was decimated."

"The landscapes of her mind must be made up of places from her past." Allura hypothesized.

"Wait, hold up." Lance interjected, "If all of this is a big, old Honerva thought bubble, then wouldn't she know we're here?"

"About 20 years ago, the Garrison was able to map the human brain." Pidge said, "They used a central metatronic reactor to read the thera-magnetic wave signatures of each of the subjects."

"Get to the point, Pidge." Lance said annoyed and impatient.

"A person's mind is an endless landscape of constantly shifting thoughts and ideas." Pidge summed up, "We must be hidden in the chaos."

"Do you know this for sure, or is this just a theory?" Keith asked.

"Well, it's a theory, but if Honerva finds out we're in her mind, I have a feeling we'll know about it."

"I think it's kind of like when we were doing that mind meld training back at the castle." I said, "We're the therma-magnetic wave signatures running Honerva's mind right now. In a spiritual form, of course. Ans right now, everything is cold."

"What do you sense?" Alfor asked.

"It's.... It's difficult to explain, but... it feels almost as if she's trapped, warped and twisted within her own mind." I said.

I didn't know whether I should tell them about Honerva's good side. It might make things more complicated than they already are.

"Allura, Saoirse, where should we go next?" Keith asked, breaking the two of us out of our thoughts.

Allura and I looked around and sensed the darkness of the entity. We turned around saw a large palace standing on top of a nearby cliff.

"The entity wants us to enter the palace." Allura answered.

My body began to shake, the tremors increasing the closer we got to the palace. It was so cold.

When we made it to the palace doors after much climbing. I kept my eyes on the palace, the darkness continuing to riddle my body with a cold sensation. But there was also a gripping feeling in my chest.

I looked over at Allura, whose attention was focused solely on the palace gates. I took her hand in mine and we went closer to the doors. We raised our hands towards the dark palace before Alfor walked up to us and forced our hands down.

"Allura, Saoirse, please listen to me." Alfor begged, "Alteans are life-givers. And Teshirians are the most powerful of all races. The entity you two possess is a dark, ancient evil. It is not the key to winning this war."

"I understand your concern," Allura said, "but the entity granted us access to Honerva's mind. Without it, your spirit would still be cursed."

"If you're looking for real power, the ability to become a true Altean Alchemist, there is a place where you can train."