Launch Date

~~~~Saoirse~~~~

I stood next to Allura with Romelle as we watched the doctors take care of the Altean we found in the white mech wreckage. She was extremely weak and most of her energy was drained.

It was as if all of her energy was forcibly sucked out of her. Just feeling such a low energy from a single person was sickening. She had been here for a couple of weeks, and the girl still didn't wake up. During that time, I was training with my mother and Lellal, learning to hear the stars.

It worked most of the time, but they seemed afraid. Like, something terrible was going to happen, or something has already happened in the universe. I just hoped that we wouldn't be too late to stop it.

We would be launching on the Atlas to go back into space to free the rest of the oppressed planets in the universe tomorrow. Hopefully, we would find what was making the stars so afraid and stop it.

"You know," Romelle said breaking the silence between the three of us, "back on the colony, Luca and I didn't always get along. But despite that, I always respected Luca. She had an inner strength that many did not  and a desire to be a part of something greater than herself."

"If she was so desperate to believe in, it may have made her susceptible to being manipulated." Allura said.

"Yeah, but by who?" I asked, "There are things about the universe we still don't know."

"What about your training to hear the stars? Haven't they told you anything?" Allura asked. I shook my head.

"Not really. I only get specific feelings, and for some reason, the stars are afraid. Afraid of what is what I'm trying to figure out." I said.

"Just keep trying, Saoirse. I'm sure you'll find an answer." Romelle said confidently. I smiled at her, nodding with determination.

I said my goodbyes and went down the halls to find the others, so that I could at least wind down from all the stress of being an Admiral.

I mean, I can handle stress, but it was the fact that everyone in the Garrison began treating me strangely. I suppose I would have to get used to everyone addressing me as Admiral Shirogane. But I was glad my friends treated me the same.

I went down the halls, looking for the rest of my friends. I went down to the kitchen and dining hall, when I heard a sudden shout.

"What!?" A voice shouted, "Keith and Allura? No, it should be Lance and Allura!"

"Ooh, a love triangle. I like where you're taking this." I heard Hunk say.

I walked to the entrance to the dining room and saw Hunk and Lance talking. Lance was standing up, his hands slammed against the table as he quickly calmed down and sat back down in his seat.

"Hey, guys, is something wrong?" I asked, walking up to their table.

"Saoirse, hey. How's it going?" Lance said, his tone a little sad and down.

"I'm okay. I heard Lance shout and came to see what was wrong? So, tell me what's happening." I said.

"It's nothing, I just have a few things on my mind." Lance answered.

Hunk's eyes widened,"Wait, wait, wait, that's right. You said you were gonna ask Allura on a date." He said surprising me.

"A date with Allura? You're finally asking her? I knew you two would make an amazing couple!" I said, happy that Lance was going to ask her. I could tell that he really loved Allura, not just for her looks, but for her personality. And I could tell that Allura was warming up to him as well. I didn't need powers to tell me that.