Journey Within

~~~~Saoirse~~~~

I sat inside the Silver Lion cockpit, my mind going back to the terrifying thoughts of what happened during iur absence. But I kept a straight face, not showing my worry. However, once we get to Earth, I'll need to find a way to contact my family on Teshiria. They must be worried sick about me.

"Allura, try the sonic wave." Pidge said.

"Okay, I'll try." Allura replied.

The Blue Lion tried charged up the sonic wave, but it was no use. All of our lions' energies were too weak to use any of their special abilities.

"It's still not working. And it probably won't work again until our power-cores are recharged."

"Roger that. Well, our long-range scanners still haven't detected any planets nearby. No star systems, nothing." Pidge informed us.

"Ugh!" Lance graoned, "How long have we been out here?"

"Going on four movements." Romelle groaned as she answered.

"And how long is it gonna take to get to Earth at this speed?"

"I think Pidge said something like ten billion deca-phoebs." Romelle said.

"I said one and a half Earth years." Pidge corrected.

"Whoa, whoa. Wait, theres a big discrepancy between ten billion deca-phoebs and one an a half Earth years. Which one is it?" Hunk asked.

"It's one and a half Earth years!" Pidge screamed in annoyance, "We've gone over this several times, though there may be a margin of error of about a month, depending on any time dilation we encounter."

"Look, we knew this wasn't going to be an easy or quick voyage, but replacing the Castle of Lions is our top priority." Shiro said.

"We just have to stay sharp and maintain discipline." Keith added, "We knew when we started this journey that we'd be low on power. We didn't plan on going through the galactic void, but we'll get through it."

"Don't worry, guys. We'll run into something eventually that will turn this trip around." Lance said assuringly.

"What makes you so sure?" Hunk asked.

"If my experience has taught me anything... it's that something always comes along to try to kill us."

"He has a point there. We're never not in danger for long." I said, "But, Lance? Maybe hold off on that type of topic. After all, our lions are weak and we can't fight back."

"Sorry, Saoirse." Lance apologized.

Hours turned to days went by and still no sign of sign of any planets nearby. Not even a destroyed or abandoned planet where we could land and rest, not that we wanted to.

I passed the time trying to use my powers to re-energize my lion, but I could only give so much, and my lion took a lot of energy from the quintessence in the area.

Even more days of travel passed, and soon we began to notice the lack of stars around us. I looked up from my pendant, staring at the picture of my family, only to see the darkness of space. Barely any stars were visible and I felt almost no energy around us.

"Hey, Pidge, why is is so dark out here?" Lance asked, him and everyone else noticing the darkness around us.

"I can't be sure, but my theory is that this area is surrounded by some kind of nebula that blocks most of the light." Pidge answered.