Day Forty-seven

~~~~Aisling~~~~

I walked down the halls in my house, looking for a certain person. The freaking slacker that was supposed to help me and the others today.

"Yorak! Yorak!" I called out his name, stomping down the halls down to his room. He probably has his stupid headphones on.

I went down to the third door to the left om the second floor of our house. There was a brown door, covered in constellations. Here I was.

My brother's cave.

I took a deep breath and kicked the door open.

"YORAK!!" I shouted, seeing him jump from his bed, and as I figured, his headphones fell off his head.

"What the quiznack, Ash!?" He shouted back, bolting up from bed, "Why'd you kick down my door this time?"

"Because you slacker! You promised that you would actually help with the project this time! You know what Grandpa and Mom say: keep a promise always!" I yelled at him.

He scoffed and turned around to grab him headphones. Since Grandpa gave them to him, he never went anywhere without them. Yorak once said that they were some kind of good luck charm for him.

But I couldn't complain nor say anything about it. I wear Grandpa's jacket and a charm Grandma gave me when I was little.

"Well, we're supposed to meet the others in ten minutes. So unless you wanna suffer Cassie's wrath again, you'd better move your butt!" I warned.

My brother suddenly jumped, a bead of sweat visibly rolling down the side of his head. In barely even a minute, he grabbed his shoes, black jacket and my hand before rushing to the door.

"Hold on a second, Yorak, let me get my jacket on." I said before we got to the door.

I went over to the hook and grabbed my jacket. Mom said it used to belong to her Dad, our Grandpa. I made a few changes, fixed it up a little and changed the colors a little bit to match my style better.

After grabbing and slipping on my jacket, my brother and I ran out the door.

Oh, right, I should introduce myself. My name Aisling, but my friends and brother call me Ash for short. I guess it was easier for them to pronounce. My family always did like foreign names.

I am about average height for a fourteen year old, but even though we look human, my brother and I are not fully human. Ever since the 10,000 year war ended, all kinds of aliens mingled together. Half breeds are common and not disgraced or abandoned like they were back then.

I had black hair like my mom, but I got a few streaks of purple and silver from my Dad, along with my blue eyes. I had a strange birthmark on my back, but mom said that that was normal for someone with my blood and heritage.

I liked to wear silver, so today I was wearing a silver dress with black leggings and boots, not to mention my Grandpa's jacket and Grandma's charm braided into my the back of my head.

My brother on the other hand was different than me. He got Dad's silver hair with white and blue highlights. He constantly liked to wear black, but finally he was actually wearing a red shirt to break up the black pants and jacket he loved to wear. He had purple marks on his cheeks and purple eyes from our mom's side of the family.

Surprisingly, we're twins. Fraternal of course, and I'm older by about two minutes. I constantly teased Yuron about it.

About ten minutes later, we made it to the library where we were supposed to meet the others.

"You're late!" A familiar voice shouted from the entrance. We looked ahead, panting and gasping for breath, and saw a familiar honey brown haired girl.

Our friend Cassie, well my friend, she's more of an enemy for my brother. Cassie glared at us as soon as we got to the library steps.