Knights of Light Pt. 2

~~~~Saoirse~~~~

I was stunned by the sight of the person standing in front of me. Her light purple hair was draped over her left shoulder, and her white dressed flowed with the gentle breeze.

Her golden eyes were shining brightly as she turned to look at me. Then, I saw it.

Red Altean marks and a kind smile that I vaguely remembered from when I was a baby.

"It brings me great joy to see you well, Saoirse. You have grown so much." She said.

"Honerva...." I gasped. The woman in front of me was Honerva.

The real Honerva.

Her energy... it was pure. No signs of darkness inside of it at all.

Honerva took a cautious step towards me, reaching out to touch me when she got closer, but then she stopped and withdrew her hand.

"I'm sorry. I am not worthy to even lay my eyes on you, Angel." She said.

I took a deep breath and took steps to come closer to her. When I got close enough, I stretched out my hand and gently caressed her cheek.

Her eyes, once downcast, now looked straight into mine before filling with tears.

"Honerva." I said fondly, "It has been a long time since I've seen you like this. Not a single ounce of your energy is tainted by evil. I have not seen you this pure since I was a baby. It is good to see you again. But how is this even possible? You became the witch Haggar and your mind was dark and terrifying."

Honerva cried even harder as she answered.

"When I became the witch Haggar, I don't know how, but my mind, a small portion if it remained here. In the light. I believe it was a way to keep something from my past. And I also believe it was a subconscious will to stay alive as Honerva, not the witch that has caused so much pain."

I smiled and chuckled, happy to see the real Honerva after all these years. I barely remembered Honvera, but in what I can remember, she was smiling and happy with Zarkon. But I could remember her sadness and the madness she was fighting back as she continued to work on her experiments.

"You truly have grown so much, Saoirse." She said, "I am eternally sorry for the pain I have caused you, Princess Allura and the rest of your friends. The quintessence had corrupted me and my husband to the point where even I never wanted to go back to those times of light and peace."

Suddenly, Honerva fell to her knees, the grass flying into the air as she collapsed and continued to cry.

"If you can find it in your heart to forgive me for my sins... no.... there is no possible way an angel such as you can forgive me for my ways. I never even tried to fight off the darkness. Please, you must destroy me! Take away this curse! I beg of you!"

I watched her cry and beg me for her destruction. But I was not cruel. Everyone deserved a second chance, even the cruelest souls.

I knelt down onto my knees and wrapped my arms around her. She stopped sobbing, but I could still feel her tears dripping down my back.

"It's okay now. Be glad there is a small pure piece of you left in this universe. I am so glad to finally find the real you, Honerva." I said before pulling away from her.

"Honerva, I'm sorry to say, but we need to defeat you. The entity your mind holds will destroy all reality if we don't stop it." I said.

Honerva looked down sadly, "Yes, I can still feel the entity, even in this peaceful place." She clutched her chest in soft pain, "It threatens to take me as well. I beg of you, please, destroy me before the entity can destroy the universe I loved so much."