The Dawn of a New Beginning

~~~~Keith~~~~   ~~~~Two years later~~~~

Teshiria, the planet of beginning and light. The first planet to ever be created in the universe, filled with an alien race that resembled angels with extraordinary powers.

These powers are centered around energy manipulation, where a Teshirian can control anything with energy inside of it.

But I had met an incredible Teshirian who not only saved my life multiple times, but had also took my heart at the same time.

Her name is Saoirse. And on this day, I'll be taking her for my own, for forever and always. Not just as a lover, but as my wife.

It took a couple of years for me to build up the courage to propose, but I finally managed to do it.

It was a simple outing, and after a lot of talking with Saoirse's family, I planned it all out. I got Saoirse alone on Earth and went out for an entire day. She had always loved the moon, so I planned to pop the question right when the full moon was at its highest.

We went to the same park where we first kissed on Earth, the first place where we promised to be together through thick and thin. When the lights were on, the stars were shining and the moon was at its brightest, I got down on one knee and asked her to my one and only angel.

I can't even begin to explain the emotions I was feeling when she jumped on me and said yes over a thousand times and hugged me so tightly thay I felt like I couldn't breathe.

We couldn't stop laughing out pure joy as I picked her up and spun her around and thanked her for saying yes to my proposal. It took over half an hour before we finally remembered thay I had proposed with a ring.

When I have it to her, she was so shocked by it that she was barely able to hold it. I took the ring and slipped it on her left ring finger. Since then, she hasn't taken it off.

And now, after months of planning, we were finally going to be tied together through marriage.

And here I was, standing in front of a full length mirror fixing my red tie for the hundredth time.

We had decided to have the ceremony on Teshiria, the planet of beginnings, as a symbol of the beginning of our new lives together. And all of our friends had helped out in planning everything.

Hunk and his crew of chefs offered to help the Teshirians make the feast for the reception.

Lance and Allura, who were married a year before I proposed to Saoirse, decided to help Saoirse's family with the decorations and such. I haven't seen the decor yet, hut they assured both Saoirse and I that it would more beautiful than anything we had ever seen.

Pidge was in charge of the reception and final entertainment. She, the Holt family and her artifical robot, Chip, planned for an elaborate fireworks display to kick off the end of the ceremony just as Saoirse and I sealed our vows and I kissed as my official wife.

Shiro and his fíance Curtis helped with making sure thay everything was under control and that all guests were comfortable.

Everything about this day had to be perfect. It was our wedding day after all. One of the most important days of our lives.

"You know, you really need to relax, Keith." A voice said from the door of my changing room.

I turned around and saw Shiro in a white suit and tie standing the doorway. He smiled at me and chuckled as he walked closer to me.

"The more you fidget, the worse your tie is going to get." He said as he helped fix my tie.

"How can I not be nervous, Shiro? I'm getting married today, and not just to anyone, but Saoirse." I said, my fingers shaking in my nerves as Shiro tightened my tie.