Taking Flight

~~~Saoirse~~~

I was standing in a strange space. Nothing but the stars and swirls of color all around me.

I didn't know how long I've been like this. Everything was still and I was just so relaxed I didn't think about how long I've been here.

"Saoirse!" Someone shouted my name. I opened my eyes, looking around for the source of the voice.

"Saoirse! You must..... please......!!"

What are you saying? What do I have to do?

Suddenly, there was a loud hiss and a gust of air.

~~~Keith~~~

We watched the two pods holding our friends, but mostly I was watching Saoirse. She looked so peaceful and that put me somewhat at ease, but the fact that she wouldn't wake up yet was making me worry.

"I can't tell if he looks healthy or not." Hunk wondered aloud looking through Lance's pod.

"I think Saoirse's breathing weird." Pidge said as his face was smudged on the glass against Saoirse's pod in front of me. Pidge barely left Saoirse's pod, staying with her for almost the entire time she was in there. I guess Saoirse made a good impression on Pidge, I'm not surprised.

"Oh, come on!" I sighed and was about to release Saoirse, being impatient, but Allura quickly rushed to me and slapped my hand away from the glass.

"Not yet! A few more ticks." She said.

"How much better do you think she's gonna get in a few more ticks?" I asked.

"And what exactly is a tick?" Pidge asked.

"You know, a time slice." Allura clarified.

"What, like a second?" Shiro compared.

"What is a 'second'?" Allura asked, confused by our Earth times.

"Like this." Pidge pulled out a small timer and showed Allura an Earth second.

"I'm not sure. I think ticks are bigger." Allura said turning to Coran, "Coran, do you have a ticker?"

"Right here, Princess." Coran said pulling out a smaller timer. He turned it on and compared it to the second we had.

Pidge looked back and forth from his timer.

"I think we need to start them at the same time." Pidge said. Both restarted their timers and on the count of three, we started the timers.

"Yeah, we're winning." I heard Hunk exclaim.

"Winning what? The Intergalactic time measuring competition?" I asked sarcastically.

"Yes." Hunk answered back grumpily.

I signed and continued watching the timers, not noticing that two pods opened.

~~~Saoirse~~~

I heard a soft hiss and felt a gust of air blow on my face. I opened my eyes and saw light flood my vision. I blinked a few times so my eyes would adjust to the light.

When the light no longer hurt my eyes, I grabbed something nearby, the edge of the pod I barely remembered getting in. I looked around, holding my head to ease the headache I had, and saw my friends huddled in a small group and Lance coming out of his pod.

"You guys having a clock party?" Lance asked groggily as he walked across the room.

"Aw, Lance you just ruined it." Hunk said, before acknowledging the fact that it was Lance he was talking to.

The Silver Paladinजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें