Today, We Are Paladins

~~~~Saoirse~~~~

We flew through the planet's atmosphere, feeling the heat from entry burn us slightly.

"Guys, personal space. Hunk, your breath is killing me." Lance complained as all of us subconsciously mashed together close to Lance.

"Um, is it just me or is anyone else having second thoughts about flying through a mysterious wormhole?" Hunk asked, "Why are we listening to a robotic lion anyway?"

"It got us away from the aliem warship, didn't it?" Lance countered.

"I dont know if you've noticed, but we're in an alien warship." Keith pointed out.

"Oh, are you scared?" Lance smirked.

"With you at the helm? Terrfied."

"All right, knock it off." Shiro said with a strong stern tone, "No one's happy to be in this situation, but we're here now. If we want to get through this, we've got to do it together."

"So, what do we do?" Pidge asked.

"First, we find out where we're headed." I said, "Lance? Any idea?"

"I don't know." He answered, looking around the cockpit. "I'm sorry. The lion's not talking to me anymore. Wait! Wait, wait, wait! Shh! Listen. I think I hear something."

We quieted down, listening for what Lance heard, until a soft squeaking sound priced through the cockpit.

"I'm hearing it, too." Keith said.

"It's, uh-- it's kind of a-- a high-pitched squeal?" Hunk tried to describe. Suddenly, all of us groaned when we accidentally took a whiff of the air.

"Come on, Lance." Hunk groaned at the smirking boy.

"But seriously, there's a castle up ahead." Lance said.

We all looked outside and saw that there was indeed a large white and blue castle up ahead of us.

The Lion landed in front of the castle gate as we marveled at its beauty. Once the Lion touched down, we immediately grew tense.

"Keep your guard up." Shiro said.

"Something wrong?" Pidge asked.

"My crew was captured by aliens once. I'm not going to let it happen again."

The blue lion opened its mouth and let us out. We walked out of the Lion and stood in front of the castle.

We jumped and gasped at the sudden movement the blue Lion made behind us.

"No! No! I knew it was going to eat us! No!" Hunk screamed in fear.

The blue lion roared as loud as it could, its cry activating the door in front of us causing it to open wide.

"Oh, the door is open." Hunk said, coming out from his hiding spot behind Shiro, "Guess I was wrong about you." He said to the lion.

We walked inside the castle, cautiously roaming the darkened hall.

"Hello?" Hunk's voice echoed in the empty hall. We turned around, looking at him questioningly while he shrugged his shoulders.

"From the size of the lion, I expected these steps to be bigger." Pidge said, pointing towards the flight of stairs in front of us.

It was true, the stairs in front of us were far too small for the lion. Perhaps someone else lives here?

Suddenly, a light shone from the ceiling, illuminating the area.

"Hold for identity scan." A computer voice said as the light shone over us, scanning our stunned forms.

"Why are we here?" Shiro asked, "What do you want with us?"