The Battle begins

~~~~Thanis~~~~

I stood at the front of the hall, where I now saw my 'guests'. There were nine young men, and six young women, granting a total of 15 children. All of them were wearing Teshirian clothing, but six of them were not of Teshirian blood. A disgrace.

However, my focus remained mostly on the young girl with the blue hair and markings. For thirteen years I have never forgotten those eyes and markings. Her wings were folded behind her back, but I could still see the shine of her feathers.

She glared at me with a smirk, stepping closer to me.

"Hello.... Grandfather." She said, shocking me but I kept my face neutral.

I stared down at the girl, noticing the flash of determination in her eyes. I knew why she was here. To fulfill that stupid promise she made to that traitor.

"Who are you? And how dare you waste my time with your visit? I have better things to do than to waste my time with children." I said.

The girl in front frowned at me.

"Surely you can spare at least a few minutes to get to know your grandchildren." She said.

There it was again. That terrible word binding me to this chil--

Wait....

She said grandchildren. As in more than one child of that traitor.

~~~~Saoirse~~~~

I glared at my grandfather after he asked my we dared to waste his time.

"Surely you can spare at least a few minutes to get to know your grandchildren." I said.

He didn't flinch or make any notion that he was shocked, but I could feel his energy waver just slightly. He was indeed surprised by what I had said.

He scoffed, smirking as if I had just told him a bad yet funny joke.

"What are you talking about? I have no grandchildren." He said.

I growled underneath my breath. He could just easily forget about what he did to me. If he hadn't taken me and my parents from our little home, I would have lived peacefully with my parents. I would've been there to see my younger siblings be born and grow.

He's the reason I went through so much.

I looked back at him, his eyes ice cold and heartless. I noticed something glinting off the right side of his belt. That golden hilt and the blue sheath. I remembered it clearly.

That was his sword. The sword he tried to kill me with.

I raised my hand and pointed to the sword on his belt.

"Sorry, sir. I just used that excuse to get theough faster. I apologize for lying, but I wanted to meet you in person. I was wondering, sir." I said, spitting that last word out as if it was poisonous but forcing myself to play nice, "What's that on your belt? Is that a sword?"

My grandfather looked surprised for a moment, before he smiled proudly and began to pull out his sword.

The shining white metal sparkled in the light of the room, the golden hilt had a white stone in the center shaped like a Cresent moon cradling a star. But there was something strange about the blade.

The blade had a streak of red staining the pure white color. Just by looking at it, I could tell what it was.

"I see, you've noticed the sword of the Teshiri clan." He said proudly displaying it and waving it around for all of us to see.