The Eye of the Storm

~~~~Saoirse~~~~

We stared in shock at the large fleet in front of us, it had appeared out of nowhere and I was tired. We all were.

"Zarkon! How did he find us?" Allura asked glaring at the large ship.

"His commanders must have radioed him from Olkarion." Keith said.

"We need to wormhole, now! Everyone, to your stations. We've got to put some distance between us and Zarkon. This could be the fight of our lives." Shiro ordered.

I ran to my station and sat down, feeling the pain from the battle come back as soon as I sat down. I began to tap on my screen and measured the energy readings shared with Coran's console. And we were low on energy.

The Castle shook as several fighters began their attack on us.

"That sure is a lot of fighters." Hunk said anxiously, sweat dripping down his forehead.

"Allura, can you evade these fighters? We can't have them follow us through the wormhole." Shiro asked.

"I can try." Allura said powering the ship's engines. I furiously typed away on my screen's holo-keys, finding out what I could on the energy levels of the Castle. Our particle barrier's energy was low and our basic defenses were down 35%.

"Keith, Lance, let's lay down some covering fire." Shiro said.

In front of Keith and Lance, holographic handles appeared, allowing them to control small drones equipped with powerful lasers.

New energy signals appeared on my screen, showing me how much power the drones had. My mind immediately raced to find battle strategies for the attacking drones.

"Lance, take the two on to your 7. Keith, fire on the fighters upward at 1 o'clock. Shiro, focus on the fighters downwards and at 3 o'clock." I said.

"Roger that." The three said, taking out the fighters.

"Hunk, how are the defenses holding?" Shiro asked

Hunk rubbed his eyes since he couldn't see clearly because of his lack of sleep and scanned his screens for battle damage.

"I don't know. Ten percent? Fifteen maybe? Everything's a blur. I've been up too long. I have tired eyes!" Hunk stammered.

"I know we just came off an intense battle, but we've got to stay focused, just until we jump."

"Hunk, focus on what we need the most at the moment, I'll handle the battle damage and energy levels." I said, "Our energy levels just went down ten percent."

"And when is that?" Keith asked.

"They're still too close! We need to gain more speed!" Coran yelled.

Allura looked around frantically, planning an escape in her mind. Suddenly, she gasped and saw her chance.

"I've got an idea! Hold on!" Allura sped the Castle closer to a large nearby moon.

"Allura, what are you doing?" Pidge asked in a panic.

"I'm going to use this moon's gravity to gain speed and put some distance between us and Zarkon." Allura explained.

The Castle flew close to the moon and flung itself forward with its gravity.

Coram looked down at the Castle's power levels and saw that they were ready.

"We're clear to wormhole." He said.

Allura closed her eyes and concentrated on creating a wormhole. The wormhole opened quickly and we flew through the entrance. I looked behind me and saw Allura sweating and panting for breath.