Best Laid Plans

~~~~Saoirse~~~~

I sat in my lion, thinking about what the end of this battle would mean. I could go find my parents. Everyone could go home and the universe will be safe from evil.

However, I couldn't stop thinking about my parents. Were they even alive? And the fact that I don't even know where Teshiria is will be a problem.

"Everyone lock into position. We're taking this thing up." Shiro said. I pushed away my thoughts and flew my lion towards the teludav.

Our lions' mouths' grabbed onto the edges of the large teludav and locked on tightly.

"Princess, we are go for launch." Shiro informed.

Allura nodded, then charged the main turbines of the Castle. We all flew off into space, once we were far enough into space we flew our lions back to the Castle.

I walked onto the Bridge and immediately spotted Allura standing in front of a hologram of the Castle with the teludav around it.

She saw me and looked away. I could tell that she was upset about our conversation yesterday. After revealing myself, she hasn't spoken to me, not even a word or a glance. She felt guilty.

"YOU'LL NEVER UNDERSTAND THE PAIN OF LOSING SOMEONE BECAUSE YOU'VE NEVER HAD ANYONE!!!"

Those words kept ringing in my mind ever since she said them.

"All right guys, listen up." Shiro said standing in front of the hologram.

"I'll use the Black lion to lure Zarkon's fleet to our current location and make sure he's within the teludav's area of effect. Keeping the teludav hidden behind the space-fold until the last possible second is essential."

"Can we count on you, Slav?" I asked facing the multi legged alien.

"Absolutely, I'll be fine." He answered confidently but then gave an unsure expression, "I'm not sure about the gravity generator, though."

"What? What was that last thing?" Hunk asked, his voice shaking a little.

"Hiding a ship is one thing, but I've never had to build a gravity generator for something this large before. I know it'll work, but I'm not really sure for how long." Slav informed.

"That's a risk were going to have to take." Shiro said, "Once Zarkon's ship is in position, Kolivan and Antok will coordinate with Thace. Together, they'll take down Zarkon's security system and upload the virus."

Pidge smirked and held her glasses, "And then, he'll be a sitting du-flax." She opened her eyes and saw everyone but me giving her a confused stare.

"What? A du-flax is an Altean creature with a beak and webbed feet." No one responded to her educational description.

"We'll wormhole Zarkon 500 million light years away and he'll be in the Yggiz Galaxy before he knows what's hit him!" Coran exclaimed happily as the others tried to avoid his jumps and throws.

I sighed and shook my head at the Altean's behavior. Shiro turned towards Kolivan.

"What about Thace?" He asked.

"He should be getting into position now." Kolivan replied, "We've received his last communication three quintants ago. We should hear from him soon."

"Let's do it." Shiro said. Finally, it was time to begin the final battle. Whether the universe will still be under Zarkon's rule or not, depended on this battle.

Shiro boarded his lion and flew off the bait Zarkon. As I watched Shiro leave, I felt my scar burn once again, but this time, I also sensed a feeling of dread rush through me.