Day Forty-seven Pt. 2

~~~~Ash~~~~

The video came back to life after it had shut off due to low battery. Mr. Kinkade, from the past, was wearing armor and sweating a lot.

"Camera's fully charged. We're good to go." He said, "The time now is 0900 hours. We just experienced a minor mishap aboard the IGF Atlas, but we're back on track. In the future, we'll hopefully be avoiding creature-occupied gas planets."

"A minor mishap!?" Yorak exclaimed, "They just got attacked by some kind of space creature and that's a minor mishap?"

"Little brother, did you forget that they were on their way to find Honerva? This had to be nothing for them." I pointed out.

The video continued, this time, Kinkade was floating dowm the hall until he stopped in front of someone. A fellow Atlas member.

"Hey, Seok Jin, where you headed?" Kinkade asked.

"I'm transporting these samples back to Earth." Seok Jim answered, "Commander Holt thinks it could help with the recovery efforts there."

They clasped hands, "Well, they couldn't have picked a better man for the job. Take care, man." Kinkade said before they hugged and Seok Jin went on his way down the hall.

"Hey, Seok Jin...." Kinkade said, "We'll miss you buddy."

"Wow, Seok Jin..." Cassie said, "Never thought I'd see him."

"Yeah, didn't he die a few years ago?" Caros asked.

Allie nodded, "Yeah. I think he was just really sick. If it wasn't for him delivering those samples to Earth, I don't think we'd be where we are now. Just think of the lives he saved."

The camera beeped and whirred to life, scanning the area from the kitchen to the hallway.

"There you are!" Rizavi suddenly appeared on the screen, "Tell me this thing was recording during the attack! That was so intense! Oh, this documentary's gonna be awesome!"

The screen went black again before turning on and showing us another interview. This time, all of us were more than shocked.

"Kolivan!?" We shouted, seeing a much younger version of the Galran representative for the Galactic Coalition.

"Whoa! He's barely changed, except back then his red streaks were a lot more vibrant." Hiro pointed out.

"Definitely. Take a look at how stern his expression is." Allie said.

"Well, that hasn't changed very much." Yorak said.

"I believe our heading readout en route was... 92254739.275." Kolivan began, "Wait, no. It was 9.265. Yes. That was our heading per out readout just prior to our development."

As Kolivan talked, Rizavi came in from the corner of the screen, mock snoring. We couldn't blame her. Kolivan was a lot of the time, even today.

"Often we use the three-person unit, hut it's not unusual to have a four- or a five- or perhaps even a six-person unit. Seven seems rare, but... it could happen."

"Okay, I like everything you're telling me, but let's just try it a little less like you're reporting the facts to your commanding officer and a little more like you're telling your friend an exciting story in the gym." Rizavi said.

"Yes understood." Kolivan replied before Rizavi went back to her position.

"Awesome. Why don't you tell us about your last mission?" Rizavi asked.