The Black Paladin

~~~~Keith~~~~

Saoirse and Allura were gone, and I couldn't help but feel somewhat responsible. Saoirse was close to me. If I hadn't told her go find Shiro and stay with me, she'd be right here. I didn't protect her like I promised.

As soon as we got to the Castle, we bursted through the doors into the the Bridge.

"Pidge, scan the download from the ship. Find out where Zarkon's central command is." Shiro ordered as we rushed onto the bridge.

"On it!" Pidge replied as she did as ordered running to her station and typing away to find the information.

Coran, turned around and expected to see all of us together, but he noticed that the group was missing two members.

"What happened? Where's Allura and Saoirse?" He asked frantically. I noticed the fear in his eyes.

"They captured them. Allura sacrificed herself to save me and the information, and Saoirse...." Shiro could barely say the rest, "She didn't want to leave Allura behind on her own, so she stayed behind. We didn't have a choice."

"How is that possible?" Coran asked.

"Coran, I'm sorry things didn't go as planned, but we can't focus on what went wrong. We've got to figure out how to make it right. Pidge, anything?"

"Guys, look at this." Pidge gestured to the larger screen in front of the group. It was a plan of Zarkon's central command ship. And it was massive.

"Look at the size of it!" Coran gasped, staring at the ship plans.

"I think we should go in right away." Pidge suggested, "Every minute we waste gives Zarkon time to prepare for us."

"I agree. We form Voltron, fly in, fly out, dust off our hands, and walk away." Lance said nonchalantly.

"Um, do you guys not remember the Balmera?" Hunk asked, "We could barely take out one fleet. But this... a base this size could hold a thousand fleets!"

"Or maybe we shouldn't go on this mission at all." I said, "Think about it. We'll be delivering the universe's only hope to the universe's biggest enemy."

Everyone stared at me like I was crazy, but I didn't mean to sound so heartless. Saoirse is the kind of girl that knows what's right. And she's also the type of girl that no matter what, puts bigger things above herself.

"Keith, that's cold, even for you." Hunk said, "What if it was one of us? What if it was me? You wouldn't leave me, would you? Would you?"

I looked down and away from my teammates, "I'm not saying I like the idea. I'm just thinking like a paladin."

"No, you're thinking of yourself because you're too scared to do what's right!" Lance accused, "Have you forgotten that Allura is the only one who can fly this ship? Not to mention Saoirse? What about her, huh? Are you really gonna leave them like that?! Do you even care!"

I growled in anger and stomped up to Lance, grabbing him by the collar and holding him up.

"You don't think I care about Saoirse or Allura!?" I shouted, "Allura is important to the team and Saoirse..... Saoirse is the only person I can lean on! I promised to protect her from anything that may come to hurt her and I broke it! So, don't you dare say otherwise!"

I was cut short by Pidge coming between us and pushing us apart.

"Okay, we're all upset because we lost Allura and Saoirse." Pidge said.

"No, Shiro lost Allura and Saoirse!" Coran yelled, blaming Shiro in the harshest way.

"Okay, okay! This isn't helping." Hunk said, "We can't just sit here and bicker like this."