Rebirth

~~~Saoirse~~~

I stood in Voltron, my heart beating faster than ever and my scar burning as I was filled with fear.

The object in front of us looked as if it was glaring at us with unimaginable anger and malice.

"Oh, no.!" Pidge said.

"Please tell me there's not another monster in there." Hunk begged, "Please tell me it's empty! Or full of space candy. One of those two. Either one is fine."

"I don't think it's a piñata, Hunk." Lance answered.

"If it's the same kind of monster that attacked us on Arus, we already know how to beat it." Keith said confidently.

The Green and Red Lions combined and formed the sword in the Red Lion's mouth. I monitored the power levels of the Lions and saw that they had been depleted. Not by much, but still enough to worry me.

After Voltron formed the shield, we waited for the first attack.

"Hold your ground!" Shiro ordered as we stood firm.

Suddenly, the Galra enemy burst open, air escaping the object and kicking up dirt from the ground.

Pieces of it fell away, falling to the Balmera surface and revealing the enemy within. The beast was large, the fleshy tone of its head and body being hidden away by the red and black armor, only showing the large pointed teeth.

Its long arm hung limply at its sides as if it were asleep while awaiting orders to attack. Just then, its head rose and stared straight at us while its large eyes glowed green.

My heart jumped when it looked at us, I gripped my controls tightly and stood in a defensive stance, just as if I was about to fight it myself.

Its chest began to glow bright green, the screens around me zooming in and reading the energy levels of this monster.

"Guys, we've got to move now!" I shouted, but my warning was too late.

The monster fired a bright green beam at us. We blocked it with our shield but still we were pushed back due to the force.

"It's not candy!" Hunk shouted.

"And it's not the same monster!" Lance added.

Quickly we spun around and turn and away from the powerful blast.

"We need to draw its fire away from the Balmera's surface!" Shiro shouted.

Voltron pushed against the blast and tried to get closer, but the Galra monster was smarter than the last one we faced. It flew high into the air and shot another blast at us.

We all groaned at the force of the blast as we were pushed back again. I felt my left arm burn like it was put in a fire, and the light that engulfed my arm turned red signifying that the left arm had taken more damage due to the shield.

We flew around avoiding the green blast that targeted us. We got in as close as we could and swung our sword to behead the monster. But it was quick. The monster dodged by ducking below us and rushing past us.

We didn't react quickly enough. We turned around and were faced with a smaller, yet just as powerful, shot. I screamed when the shot hit a piece of the chest armor where my cockpit was.

"Saoirse! Are you all right?" Shiro asked in fear that I was hurt.

I panted for breath, the light around my chest glowing red to show that the front of Voltron had taken damage.