Revelation

~~~~Allura~~~~

I stood on the balcony watching the sun set with Coran. We stood there for a few doboshes, when our silence was cut by a voice from behind us.

"Allura." The voice said. We turned around and saw Saoirse standing behind us, "Can I talk to you for a minute?"

I looked over at Coran, who nodded and left us alone.

Saoirse walked up to my side and sighed.

"I'll get right to the point, Allura." She said, "Ever since Keith revealed that he was part Galra, you've been treating him differently. Do you hate him for being part Galra?"

I was surprised by her blunt question, and to be honest, I didn't know how to answer. But my anger boiled.

"The Galra have done so many awful things to this universe, and to thunk that Keith could keep that part of himself a secret for this long... I thought we were a team!" I shouted.

"We are a team!" Saoirse shouted back turning towards me with a glare in her eyes, "Keith didn't know he was half Galrs, none of us did. He went his entire life not knowing the truth of his heritage. He was just as shocked at this news as the rest of us."

"How could he not know about his Galra side? Surely his parents would've told him this!"

"His father is human, so his mother was Galra, and she wasn't there! So, no, he couldn't have known about that side of himself."

I was shocked by that news. Keith only had a father?

"That is no excuse! His father mustve talked about his mother at some point!"

She growled showing her teeth and her eyes shining in pure anger.

"What do you mean that's now excuse!? Not every father that doesn't have his wife anymore talks about her! He was hurting from her loss."

"And that makes Keith trustworthy? What if behind our backs he was sending information to Zarkon? He could have our plan information by now."

Saoirse stopped talking and grabbed me by my collar, almost choking me.

"How dare you think that way? No matter his blood, Keith is the same friend we've always had. He is Keith Kogane, Red Paladin of Voltron. He is our friend, our family, why can't you see past the blood and see him for who he is?"

I pushed her away, "You're just on his side because you've been with him for years, how do I know that you didn't know about his Galra blood? Have you been lying to me too?"

"I didn't know about Keith's bloodline before the Blade of Marmora! But thats not important, I want you to stop being so harsh to Keith! Stop looking at him so coldly and ignoring him, he didn't ask to be part Galra, we don't choose who we come from!"

"Hey, guys, is something wrong?" Another voice said from the entrance of the balcony. We turned towards the entrance and saw the rest of the Paladins and Coran standing there confused and surprised.

~~~~Keith~~~~

We were all walking back to the Castle when we heard screaming and shouting down the hall.

"... he didn't ask to be part Galra, we don't choose who we come from!"

I recognized the voice as Saoirse. All of us walked to the entrance to the balcony and saw Allura and Saoirse glaring at each other.

"Hey, guys, is something wrong?" I asked. The two looked at me and Allura sighed.

"No, we're just having a talk. Please leave us alone." Allura said.