The Last Stand pt. 1

~~~~Saoirse~~~~

We were finally going home, and like the rest of my friends, I was excited to finally go back home. The place where I was raised for most of my life, and would gladly give up to protect. I would lay my eyes on the beautiful blue planet I missed so much in just a matter of minutes.

However, I felt my scar burn again, and my sense of excitement and happiness quickly faded away and was replaced with fear.

"I'll see if I can get a message out to my dad." Pidge said ans opened up a communication frequency to Earth.

"Dad, it's me, Pidge. Do you copy?" She asked, "We're back in Earth's solar system, and heading home now."

Instead of a reply, there was only crackling static on the other end, at least only for a few short moments.

"To any beings who receive this message..." Sam's voice said.

"Dad, you're okay." Pidge exclaimed, happy to hear her father's voice again after all this time, "How's Mom and Matt? Is he with you?"

"Planet Earth has been..." Sam's voice continued making us stiff with terror, "Most of the citizens..."

"Hold on, let me try to get a clear signal." Pidge typed a few keys and the signal became clearer.

My uneasy feeling grew as the signal cleared up, and revealed what he was really trying to see.

"...have been captuted."

"What?" Pidge asked, "Who's captured? Dad, what are you saying?"

"Those of us remaining are making our last stand. If you get this message, please get word to Voltron. We need help."

I was frantic, pressing buttons on my dashboard to get a better look at Earth. My long-range sensors found Earth, and showed all of us what was happening to Earth.

Several Galra ships were surrounding my home. And

"Guys, are you seeing this?" I asked as Sam's message continued.

"To any beings who receive this message.. Planet Earth has been overrun by the Galra."

"The Galra have invaded Earth." Lance said.

"Most of the citizens have been captured. Those of us remaining are making our last stand. If you get this message, please get word to Voltron. We need help."

"It's not a reply. It's a distress signal." Hunk said.

I let go of my controls and let my arms hang limp at my sides, shaking in fear as my scar continued to burn on my skin.

Just what happened to Earth during these past three years?

~~~~~~~~~~~Four years earlier~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~Sam Holt POV~~~

I didn't know happened. Last thing I remembered was landing on Earth. When I opened my eyes, my vision was blurry so I couldn't see anything else but a white ceiling.

It took a few minutes for my vision to finally clear up, and when it did, I found myself in an isolated room laying in a makeshift bed.

I lay there wondering what had happened to me. Soon, after a few minutes of wondering, the door to the room opened, revealing a familiar face.

It was my superior in the Garrison, Admiral Sanda. She was about as tall as me, but shorter than Commander Iverson. Her skin was fair and her gray stern eyes matched her head of short gray hair. She stood in the doorway, her facial expression stern and commanding.