3

There was currently a huge party going on and in the midst of everyone drinking, smoking or god knows what else, I was sober. Not because I wanted to be but I've always felt like I needed to watch over everyone. I'm the mom friend if you can't tell. I was hanging out by the pool with Ryland, Tony, and some other people who I didn't know. They were all playing truth or dare but I was sitting off to the side just watching. Someone dared Ryland to do something but I didn't hear what. He hesitantly walked over to me, cupped my face, and pressed his lips to mine. He took me by shock, but after a couple seconds I reciprocated the kiss and we sat there with our lips slowly moving in sync until someone pulled Ryland away from me.
"I think that's enough. " Nick demanded.
"Okay, dad. " Ryland rolled his eyes and went back
to his spot in the circle.
"What the fuck was that Nick?" I glared.
"Just looking out for you. " He shrugged.
"Since when do you have to 'look out' for me with Ryland? The Ryland we've known since elementary school?" I questioned.
"He broke your heart Zoe, I was just trying to help geez. Remind me to never do that again. "
"Noted." I rolled my eyes. "I'm going to bed. "
I made my way through the crowds of random drunk people and strolled down the hall to Nick's room.
I took my makeup off, changed into a t-shirt and shorts, put my hair up in a bun and laid in bed. Of course I couldn't fall asleep because of the blaring music and constant yelling, but I was over the party and just wanted to lay in bed so I put my air pods in and started listening to music.

After a couple songs, I heard a faint knock on the door. I thought it was just another random noise before I heard it again and went to answer the door.
"Oh hey Ry" I smiled. "Come in"
"Hey uh" He nervously scratched the back of his neck. "I'm really sorry for kissing you, they weren't going to let it go so I wanted to shut them up"
"It's fine" I shrugged. "It was just a game"
"Yeah... a game. " He sighed, sitting down on the bed. "Fuck it, can I tell you something?"
"Sure. What's up?" I smiled.
"You know how I broke up with you kinda randomly?"
"Uh... yeah?"
"Well it wasn't because I wanted to. Uh, you know how Nick and I have been friends almost as long as you guys have"
I nodded.
"Nick loves you. Not even like a sister, he really loves you. And he told me that I had to pick between mine and his friendship or our relationship. I couldn't lost my best friend and I knew you would most likely still be my friend eventually, thank god I was right. "
"Huh?" I questioned. "This is a joke right?"
"I'm dead ass Zoe. Apparently he's had a thing for you for years. "
"Why are you telling me this now though?"
"I don't know it seemed like a good idea. You guys have two months together so I thought you could make the best of it, considering I know you feel the same way or you wouldn't be so hurt he hasn't talked to you as much lately. "
"Uh..."
"It's cool Zoe, really, I think everyone always knew you guys would end up together. You and Nick are endgame." He laughed.
"I didn't say I liked him. " I rolled my eyes.
"I know. Bc you loveeeee him" Ryland teased, tickling me.
"Okay okay enough!" I pleaded. "I have an idea, if you're up for it. "
"What?"
"Be my boyfriend. "
"Zoe what the fuck have you even been listening to me?"
"Fake boyfriend Ry. " I laughed.
"Like to make Nick jealous?"
"Yeah kind of. Just so he'll actually tell me how he feels instead of being a pussy and hiding from me. " I laughed.
"This could be fun. I could get used to kissing you." Ryland leaned in.
"Easy there tiger, save the PDA for in front of Nick." I teased.

About that time, Nick's door opened to reveal a shocked and very visibly angry Nick.
"Are y'all really making out in my fucking bed?" He groaned.
"No but we can." I smirked, leaning in closer to Ryland.
"NO!" Nick interjected. "It's time for you to go to your own room buddy, party is ending"
"Okay. But don't forget we have a breakfast date in the morning babe" He winked and I blew a kiss in return, holding in my laughter.
"Babe?" Nick glared.
"Yeah?" I played dumb.
"You guys are back together?" He interrogated.
"What's it to you?" I smirked.
"Nothing just wondering." He blankly said.
"Really? And that's completely cool with you?" I asked.
"Why wouldn't it be?"
"I don't know... maybe because he broke my heart and all. "
I could tell Nick had more to say but he bit his lip out of frustration.
"That's on you Zoe." Nick shrugged, joining me in bed and wrapping the cover around his body.
I scooted closer to him, feeling the warmth of his body.
"Can you get on your side of the bed?" Nick pushed me away from him.
"How many fucking times have we slept in the same bed and now it's a problem that I'm a laying close to you? What's up with you?" I raised my voice.
"Nothing. Just don't feel like cuddling. And besides, you can do that in Ryland's room. " He rolled over, his back facing me.

So maybe this was going to be a little harder than I thought.