44

"Okay are y'all ready for the shit show?" Chase asked, half joking but mostly serious.
"And the code word is?" Ryland asked.
"Help?" I asked.
"No idiot, the code word is 'squirrel', remember?"
"I am not yelling squirrel when Amelie goes crazy" Nick shook his head.
"I'll do it" I said, earning a high-five from Ryland.
"Hopefully you don't actually have to, but still. we'll be hiding upstairs where we can still hear everything so yell if we're needed." Tony said.
Nick and I both nodded, and then the doorbell rang. Perfect.
I motioned for everyone to run upstairs, and after they did I took one last look at a very stressed out Nick before opening the door.
"H- Okay sure walk right on in."
Amelie stormed into the living room, sitting right next to Nick leaving me to sit on the other couch. Ok.
"How have you been?" All her attention was on Nick so I know she wasn't talking to me.
"Get right to it, why are you here?" I scoffed.
"Honestly, I thought by now you'd be gone but whatever. I'm here to see how you're going to support our baby."
"Before I agree to anything, we're getting a paternity test to see if it's actually mine. And if it is, I'll do my part in raising the baby but we will never be together. Don't think I didn't see your message to Zoey either."
"Fine. Hold on."
She got her phone out of her pocket and stepped outside. She came back in and sat down beside Nick again.
"Someone will be here in thirty minutes to do a test."

Two doctor looking people walked in wearing scrubs and rolling a briefcase inside, unzipping it and pulling out what obviously was test tubes and things of that nature.
One took blood from Nick, and closed the test tube once it was filled, removing the needle from his arm and packing his things back up.
"We will call you first thing in the morning with the results."
They left, closing the door behind them, leaving us back alone with the crazy ass sitting across from me.
"Okay, so you can go now." Nick said.
"Oh, one more thing, Zoey." She turned her attention to me. "Should I tell Nick?"
"Tell him what?"
"About how you slept with Jaden?"
"I didn't sleep with Jaden." I laughed.
"You didn't sleep with him in the in n out parking lot two weeks ago?"
"No, I didn't. What the fuck, are you stalking me?"
"Just the right time at the right place. But I know what I saw."
"Jesus you're crazy Amelie. Nick, you know she's lying right?"
"I- uh I don't know."
"You don't know?" I scoffed. Wrong answer.
A small grin formed on Amelie's face; knowing exactly what she had just done.
"Well, I guess my work is done here. See you soon, baby daddy." She blew a kiss at Nick, and then left.