39

I didn't bother to listen to anything else she had to say, I just got up from the table, walked down the block from the restaurant and called an uber. The clothes I had bought today were the last thing on my mind.
Once the uber got there, I sat in an uncomfortable silence trying to process what she just said. It can't be Nick's baby, right? Fuck, that would change everything. That would ruin everything. He would have to be with her then, right? Nick isn't ready to be a dad. He doesn't even want kids. This was all so fucked up.
The driver forced me out of my thoughts, reminding me that I was now back to the Hype House. I tipped him, thanked him, and stormed in the front door, surprising everyone in the living room.
"You look like you've seen a ghost Zoey" Ryland laughed, but an uncomfortable laugh.
"Everyone leave but Nick, please" I shouted. "I didn't mean to yell, fuck, sorry"
Everyone looked taken back, but obliged with what I and left.
I walked over and sat beside Nick on the couch.
"Zoey what the hell is going on?"
"Nick she's pregnant"
Tears welled my eyes as I tried to get the courage to tell him.
"Who's pregnant?"
"A..Amelie"
"What?" Nick's face dropped, no sign of color. "It can't be mine"
"Can it though?"
He sat there for a minute thinking.
"The last time we slept together was the night of that party here." He had his face in his hands.
"That was a month ago.... so it's very likely." I tilted my head back in frustration.
"Fuck!" He screamed. "What am I supposed to do?"
"I... I don't know."
"We don't even know if it's my baby or not yet. And we don't know if she's lying, because there's a good chance she is. So let's not freak out just yet."
"Nick if she is pregnant and it's your baby, this changes everything."
"It doesn't change anything between me and you, Zoey." He attempted to grab my hand but I slightly pulled away, not meaning to hurt his feelings.
"I can't come between you and her if she's pregnant with your child, Nick."
"I don't love her, I love you."
"Let's gross that bridge when we get to it." I let out my deep breath I had been holding in that whole conversation.
"Why are you yelling?" Chase asked, walking back in the living room followed by Ryland.
I shook my head as in don't ask.
"Amelie told Zoey she's pregnant" Nick mumbled, face still in his hands.
"She's gotta be fucking lying man" Chase tried to help the situation, but that didn't help.
"Bro... This is bad" Ryland said, sympathetically looking over at me.
"Yeah, tell me about it" Nick finally looked up, tears in his eyes.
I was on the verge of a breakdown and couldn't handle it anymore. I ran out of the living room, ignoring all three people yelling for me. I broke down mid-way to Nick's room, locking myself in the bathroom hysterically crying.
My life was so much easier a month ago. So much easier before I ever came here.
My phone buzzed in my back pocket.
I fully expected it to be one of the guys, but to my surprise, it was an unknown number. I decided to read the text.
UNKNOWN
So sorry you ran off before I got to tell you that it is in fact Nick's baby. Nothing will ever come in the way of me and him and now you know that. Now go back to where you came from because Nick will never choose you over his baby so just go ahead and get out of his life now and save yourself the heartbreak
-Amelie ;)

I didn't want to be here anymore.